SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Pete Cornish LD-1 Buffer line-driver

edited January 2017 in FX £
So, my big 2017 gear clear-out continues - not much left now, but after a lot of h'mming & hahhing I've decided to let my Cornish LD-1 go as I simply don't need a separate buffer in my new set-up.

If you know about buffers and/or Pete Cornish, you'll know what this thing is. If not, it was described by Guitarist as "God's own buffer ...", and graces the boards of a Who's Who list of players. This thing is outstanding - in a class of its own (and I've used many, many buffers over the years ...) - over-and-above doing the standard 'buffer thing' of sorting the impedance and preventing tone suck (most obviously on large boards/big cable runs), the Cornish does something a bit more: if I had to describe it I'd use the same phrase I've seen others use in reviews - the tone just seems more 'hifi' somehow. Everything is clearer, better defined, more present (but never harsh or toppy). Simply put, the guitar sounds better. End of. I've genuinely struggled with whether I need to keep it, but truth is I don't need a buffer on my set-up but I do need the cash to pay for the two H9's now residing on my new board (!)

New you have to buy from Pete Cornish direct - his site currently lists LD-1's at £192 with a 6 week delivery time but a mate has just been trying to order a couple of pedals from him and was quoted 9 weeks. Anyway, an LD-1 recently went on eBay for £137.50.

It's boxed, with all original packaging (Cornish is thorough in these things ...!) & manual (such as it is). I have pic's of it - for some reason I don't seem to be able to attach them to this post (probably me being a prat), but if you're interest message me with your email and I'll fwd them.

Any sensible offer ...

NOW SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments