Amp re-think needed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Tested out the Roland Jazz Chorus 22 today @Fretwired really lovely clean sound, but sadly didn't handle fuzz very well, I find that most solid state amps don't. Surprisingly heavy too.

So far I think the Laney Lionhead Studio is looking like it's going to tick all the boxes, just need to find somewhere that stocks them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    @Shark-Eyes .. shame .. I don't use a fuzz or high gain so the amp's fine for my needs but obviously not yours.  Laney make some good amps so good luck finding the amp of your dreams.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 639
    The Laney IRT-15 head also has a headphone jack and I think the IRT Studio does as well, but they're designed more for high gain metal than the Lionheart which has more of a classic sound.
  • @Jeremiah Looked up the IRT but it's more aimed at the metal market than sparkling cleans.

Anyone tried the Bugera G5 Infinium? Looks like it might do what I need. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 619
    Tested out the Roland Jazz Chorus 22 today @Fretwired really lovely clean sound, but sadly didn't handle fuzz very well, I find that most solid state amps don't. Surprisingly heavy too.

So far I think the Laney Lionhead Studio is looking like it's going to tick all the boxes, just need to find somewhere that stocks them.
    Maybe try running the Fuzz into an overdrive pedal set to a very slight breakup - takes the fizzy edge off the Fuzz...