New Chase Bliss pedals...

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Interesting. But I'm not convinced it's something I need.

since when has 'need' ever come into things around here ? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Aww, it's called brothers.  

It looks great, but surely it's a very small market.  There are enough drives/dual drives out there.  I can't see too many people selling up, just to buy the next one
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
    sgosden said:
    Interesting. But I'm not convinced it's something I need.

since when has 'need' ever come into things around here ? :)
    by need I actually mean it's not something I feel the need to have a play with. I'm generally a bit bored of drive pedals.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7880
    It needs to be twice the size and have some more controls. 
  • Damn it... it sounds really good... really, really good....

(you can hear the pedal near the end of the film)

• it'll be way out of my price range and i have no real need for it but the sounds at the end of that video are incredible. Also nice to hear them (albeit it briefly) take about actual details of the circuits and not just using an endless trail of buzzwords and nonsense. 
    How very rock and roll

Damn it... it sounds really good... really, really good....

Disagree, it sounds meh. Much as I like Low, that just sounds like a muffled mess.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7425
    Sounds alright. Looks impractical. If that's the same size as the other pedals then I wouldnt look forward to trying to press the correct footswitch on a dark stage. Too close together.

Disagree, it sounds meh. Much as I like Low, that just sounds like a muffled mess.

Sometimes a muffled mess can be good.

Damn it... it sounds really good... really, really good....

Yeah, but I don't need to spend 349 USD to achieve it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13034
    edited January 2017
    It sounds really good but I can't believe many people will want to spend £300+ on a drive Pedal to get those really dirty, grungy, messy tones. The normal market for expensive drive pedals is the blooz guys, right? 

Yeah, but I don't need to spend 349 USD to achieve it!
    Wisdom duly awarded.
  • It sounds really good but I can't believe many people will want to spend £300+ on a drive Pedal to get those really dirty, grungy, messy tones. The normal market for expensive drive pedals is the blooz guys, right? 
    The argument they use, I suppose is that it's like having more than one drive pedal in a single enclosure, so justifies the cost a bit, but point taken.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    edited January 2017
    It sounds really good but I can't believe many people will want to spend £300+ on a drive Pedal to get those really dirty, grungy, messy tones. The normal market for expensive drive pedals is the blooz guys, right? 
    The argument they use, I suppose is that it's like having more than one drive pedal in a single enclosure, so justifies the cost a bit, but point taken.
    Agreed, the argument isn't just for just that tone.

it is that tone, 5 others, and the ability to use EXP and also digital memory controls through midi.

if "that tone" isn't worth £350 then the King of Tone isn't worth £350 but there is the argument of what one place value on such Tone which is unmeasurable

The feature set however we can quantify and I don't know any other drive pedals that can do this? For any amount of money.

but £350 isn't cheap, it's quite expensive, but if you like all the tones in it, the 2 boosts, 2 fuzz and 2 drives. Then one can argue it's cheap, it's like £50 a pedal plus £50 for the memory banks.

pointless if you just like 1 sound out of it of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    I owned both the resonant manifold drive and acceleron fuzz and they were indeed very good and original Pedals! Those guys do know their stuff..

• That look really tasty! I like the idea of being able to mix the different sides rather than having them just in series! 

Good work lads n lasses 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    That look really tasty! I like the idea of being able to mix the different sides rather than having them just in series! 

Good work lads n lasses 
    I like the sound out of this, even the drive tones.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    That does sound good and offer quite a few different drive sounds. Very expensive, but then again it does the job of several different types of drive pedals - a Dunlop Fuzzface and Ibanez TS wouldn't be much cheaper. However, at that price I would expect some means of storing and selecting presets without having to buy another pedal or get into midi switching.
  • Octafish said:
    That does sound good and offer quite a few different drive sounds. Very expensive, but then again it does the job of several different types of drive pedals - a Dunlop Fuzzface and Ibanez TS wouldn't be much cheaper. However, at that price I would expect some means of storing and selecting presets without having to buy another pedal or get into midi switching.
    2 presets can be stored on the left/right toggle between the footswitches.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds much better on the Andertons video.