First pedal you ever bought (and when.)

What's Hot

Comments

• longilongi Frets: 95
    My first pedal was a Frontline Distortion pedal which I bought in 1984 for £20. It had no anti pop circuit so when it was activated or deactivated there was a loud "POP!" Nice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2755
    longi said:
    My first pedal was a Frontline Distortion pedal which I bought in 1984 for £20. It had no anti pop circuit so when it was activated or deactivated there was a loud "POP!" Nice!
    Snap - but a year later...  horrible little pedal that i thought sounds great into my 10watt jhs amp.

My 2nd and 3rd were a lot better - Ibanez CS9 chorus and an Aria delay - both lovely and would have again now but you'd have to pay me to use the frontline.
  • '89 pearl chorus I think.
  • kelvinburn;144063" said:
    Boss BE5M multi fx thingumy in '91. Never used delay before so spent the whole summer pretending I was Brian May
    I had the BE5. I would have been jealous!

• @monquixote the only thing wrong with the MkII Guv'nor is that it isn't a MkI Guv'nor! why didn't you like it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Arion Overdrive. Back when I was 13/14

Actually wanted a distortion but didn't know any better at the time!

• kelvinburn;144063" said:
    Boss BE5M multi fx thingumy in '91. Never used delay before so spent the whole summer pretending I was Brian May
    I had the BE5. I would have been jealous!

I currently have a Pearl Cho1 too. What are the chances
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    I'd guess it would've been 2001 or 2002, and either a Morley Wah or Marshall Guvnor II- not sure which came first. Both a bit horrible tbh.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    1972 era KAY Wah Wah 1  Was £7.50 in a winter sale from ABC Music in Addlestone. I rushed there after school one Monday evening on my FS1E as I couldn't get there on Saturdays as had a sat job... Still have it and use it... Offers distortion and a Leslie effect too!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

All rapidly downhill after that.
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    Carlsbro suzz-wah, 20+ years ago. Still got it, but its a little bit broken. It was a bit fragile when I got it
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17856
    tFB Trader
    @monquixote the only thing wrong with the MkII Guv'nor is that it isn't a MkI Guv'nor! why didn't you like it?
    It was a great pedal. Used it for years, but it didn't work well with the amp I had at the time and I had insatiable GAS for something which I sold 5 minutes later. 
  • Carlsbro Fuzz Box (same size and shape as Coloursound... think they may have been similar inside as well... maybe just different branding).  1975... and it cost £12 (lot of money then).  Still have it.  Must dig it out and give it a try.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    57Deluxe said:
    1972 era KAY Wah Wah 1  Was £7.50 in a winter sale from ABC Music in Addlestone. I rushed there after school one Monday evening on my FS1E as I couldn't get there on Saturdays as had a sat job... Still have it and use it... Offers distortion and a Leslie effect too!

Brilliant. I like that very much!
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4173
    edited January 2014
    I think the first FX pedal I ever bought was probably a Korg G3 little multi-fx thing. The truth was I knew nothing about FX - never even got around to using the loop in my amp because I didn't know what it did - but needed something to help me get a number of sounds for my regular church gig at university in 1993/1994. 

My solid state amp had a pretty nice dirt channel as I remember, so I could have just got some time-based effects for the loop. But as I said, I didn't know what the loop was. So I got the G3 which had a pretty nasty distortion.

Around the same time I bought a Dunlop Wah pedal too.

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Rocktec Metal Worker, around 1998. Horrible, horrible thing, but I thought it sounded good at the time.

Next pedal was a Mk1 MIUK Blues Breaker, which I think I paid £30 for - and thought I'd done well to get that back again when I sold it on. Would be worth five times as much if I still had it :(

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Think mine went..

Boss CE-2
    Ibanez Flanger
    Digitech 10 second delay/sampler
    Rocktek Distortion
    Rocktek Phaser
    Morley Wah/Volume
    Dod Classic Tube

All were 89-91 iirc. The Dod Classic Tube is still my favourite overdrive, when I can be arsed to plug one in

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12451
    edited January 2014
    Strictly speaking not a pedal but a Carlsbro Mantis delay from a car boot sale in 1989, for £5.00. When it stopped working I just chucked it in the bin. Sort of regret that now.....

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Zoom 505, about 10 years ago.

• Second hand Pearl CO-04 Compressor 1984. Cost about £15 I think.
    Link to my trading feedback