SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Marshall JMP-1 Rackmount preamp??

siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
Any love for these old preamps? Always liked the tones they seemed to produce - for Def Leppard and on many of the GT mag CD! Old I know but if I can find one in good nick on ebay what you reckon is a good and realistic/fair price? If I get one for FX i'll probs go for something more up to date like TC G Major or G Force...this all may be a whim/pipe dream but thats how i'm thinking right now. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Ive seen them go for 250ish which is the market value.
  • There are two an ebay just now that look immaculate
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31132
    Great if you like the Bletchley Beltch.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Decent preamp that was very much obscured by the Triaxis- I've had both over the years.

£200-250 seems to be the market price.
    I would try to find a clean one, rather than a beat up one- the knobs and switches could be temperamental when the unit wasn't taken care of.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31132
    siraxeman said:
    Any love for these old preamps? Always liked the tones they seemed to produce - for Def Leppard and on many of the GT mag CD! Old I know but if I can find one in good nick on ebay what you reckon is a good and realistic/fair price? If I get one for FX i'll probs go for something more up to date like TC G Major or G Force...this all may be a whim/pipe dream but thats how i'm thinking right now. :)
    If you want FX for it try find a Marshall JFX1. They were made to work together.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    edited January 2014
    octatonic said:
    Decent preamp that was very much obscured by the Triaxis- I've had both over the years.

£200-250 seems to be the market price.
    I would try to find a clean one, rather than a beat up one- the knobs and switches could be temperamental when the unit wasn't taken care of.
    ^^ This - I used one for years as part of an All-Marshall-Rack-Set-Up  (JFX-1 FX unit and power amp). Presets are ok but tweak them and you'll be rewarded with better tones. Better than the ADA-MP1 preamp I also had and a great unit.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17877
    tFB Trader
    I think @HandsomeRik had one for sale at some point, but I might be imagining it.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    If I go for one it'll have to be in a month or two...just mulling it over but seriously considering one in my near future. 
    ..just realised this is in the classifieds section meant to be in the regular "amps" board. Mods!!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Mine is retired to recording (when I remember to use it and do any) but for a lot of years it was the centre of my gigging rig - It has a dodgy input jack socket that I should repair properly at some point but still think they hold there own - good sounds and simple to use - for the price they go for I can't think of any thing as good if you want a rack set up.
    I wonder how it'd compare to say a Pod HD for a home recording setup ie JMP-1 and a TC G major or G Force...hmmm.
  • Mine sold I'm afraid
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133

siraxeman said:   ..just realised this is in the classifieds section meant to be in the regular "amps" board. Mods!!
    You can easily move it yourself, just click the 'gearwheel' icon in the normal edit menu, or next to your Avatar in the discussions view (hover near, and it will appear), there is a drop-down for the section in your original post, change and save, easy.  Hope that helps...

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I still use mine occasionally in the loop of a Digitech GSP1101. I can use the GSP's fx and switch between the JMP1 and the GSP's amp models for variety and record with the GSP's USB connection. Still a good sounding preamp, those tones don't get old!