Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cant lie, I want one of these!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    Am I being dense here? Did Steve Vai invent the RG then, or did they send him an RG and he was like "put a handle in it pls".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    They're really versatile, because they're basically really stable and really easy to play, and the middle single-coil is excellent, and alder is a great wood. If it weren't for their association (and the monkey grip!) they'd be much more popular than they are. 
    See, I love the monkey grip! And the neon Colours too! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    viz said:
    They're really versatile, because they're basically really stable and really easy to play, and the middle single-coil is excellent, and alder is a great wood. If it weren't for their association (and the monkey grip!) they'd be much more popular than they are. 
    See, I love the monkey grip! And the neon Colours too! 

Why is it called a Monkey Grip?

I've never seen a monkey play guitar. Even the PG Tips chimps tended to prefer piano.

• SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 723
    edited January 2017
    timhulio said:
    Am I being dense here? Did Steve Vai invent the RG then, or did they send him an RG and he was like "put a handle in it pls".
    T'other way around ... Jem came first, them they stripped it down to be an RG. 

LNG (lochness green ...)first, then the others. RG550 came from that (no monkey grip, simpler neck joint and no "lions claw" trem route or Dimarizos). 

It's still really just an evolution of the Jacksons ... which is an evolution of the charvels, which are really just fender strats, which are tarted up telecasters ...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a rock guitar for a transvestite classical player with an identity problem! 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    It's a rock guitar for a transvestite classical player with an identity problem! 

So you've ordered 3?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8573

It's still really just an evolution of the Jacksons ... which is an evolution of the charvels, which are really just fender strats, which are tarted up telecasters ...
    Ha ha, love that!
  • I love the LNG and would love to own one. But I don't have the chops to play it live. 
    Although I'd love to turn up to rehearsal with one just to see my singers face. (I play in a '50's Rock & Roll band and he thinks a 2 tone burst Strat looks 'Too modern'.)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I love the LNG and would love to own one. But I don't have the chops to play it live. 
    Although I'd love to turn up to rehearsal with one just to see my singers face. (I play in a '50's Rock & Roll band and he thinks a 2 tone burst Strat looks 'Too modern'.)
    The correct solution to this problem is much cheaper than a JEM.

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/dean-guitars-dime-razorback-explosion-129859.jpg
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    A bit like leather shorties. Fun in private, but not in public...