2»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Just looks like a Revstar to me
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    Just looks like a Revstar to me

Well technically a Revstar looks like a Flat Top Johnny A. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    There was an interesting snippet in one of the comments he made recently on a Norms rare guitar videos.
    Where all those years ago Gibson took a chance on a guy like him blah blah blah the interesting snippet was they have sold over 10,000 JoBo signature guitars so not to shabby.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    Boris Johnson has a signature guitar?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Replace the top with a maple one, and it looks a lot like the new Reverend Kyle Shutt signature Manta Ray

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

"New Gibson JoBo Sig Model..."

This should be made a sticky.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28749
    From a purely aesthetic point of view it's vastly better than the Revstar and the Reverend thing. 

Im most interested because it's semi hollow so it'll absolutely sing with a bit of gain. But the regular Johnny As are $5k, so I'm unlikely to ever have one!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    Wow. I've been waiting for years to get a JoBo signature guitar, glad he's finally one one at last.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    edited January 2017
    Stuckfast said:
    Boris Johnson has a signature guitar?

Yes, it's the Taylor BoJo 

i.huffpost.com/gen/2670694/images/o-BORIS-JOHNSON-GUITAR-facebook.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17499
    From a purely aesthetic point of view it's vastly better than the Revstar and the Reverend thing. 

Im most interested because it's semi hollow so it'll absolutely sing with a bit of gain. But the regular Johnny As are $5k, so I'm unlikely to ever have one!

Has that been confirmed?   His "no f-holes" comments seem to suggest it would be semi hollow but there are many things it could be

I guess it depends on the original doublenecks.  I believe they just used the spruce instead of maple for a bit of a weight saving... I have no idea if there was more chambering going on under the spruce, but I always assumed not, given the time these were made

WezV said:

Has that been confirmed?   His "no f-holes" comments seem to suggest it would be semi hollow but there are many things it could be

I guess it depends on the original doublenecks.  I believe they just used the spruce instead of maple for a bit of a weight saving... I have no idea if there was more chambering going on under the spruce, but I always assumed not, given the time these were made

I don't think anything is really confirmed but the regular Johnny A models are semis, so I would assume this is basically that with a spruce top instead of maple (and no f-hole).

The little card in the bottom corner of one picture says it's "ultra lightweight, resonant and feedback-resistant", which again implies thinline hollow to me. 

Also, on a related note, this thing is SEX.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Also, on a related note, this thing is SEX.

Yeah I pretty much agree with that. 
    These are 25.5" scale as well, iirc. I really wish they'd just make them a bit cheaper.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5069
    It's bloody LUV-LEE!
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2279
    edited January 2017
    I've just had Joe Bonamassa signature sandwich for my lunch. £20 and it was just cheap sliced ham in Sunblest. But still, y'know, JoBo...
  • From a purely aesthetic point of view it's vastly better than the Revstar and the Reverend thing. 

Agree regarding the aesthetics, the Gibson is far ahead.  A few things under the hood as well, 50's profile neck and long scale, spruce top as well.  I think it'd be an excellent guitar for primarily acoustic guitar players like myself. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11679
    Another one?

I'm surprised he doesn't have his own NAMM by now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Another one?

I'm surprised he doesn't have his own NAMM by now.
    BoNAMMassa
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom