Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are there any women on theFretBoard?

What's Hot

Comments

• Heaven forbid...they will be letting the no-cocks vote next.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    Dominic said:
    Are there any women here ?
    Reminds me of the stoning scene in Life of Brian !
    I posted that on Blackjack's thread before I read this one :).

I do know of one 'secret' woman here... although she's not around much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heaven forbid...they will be letting the no-cocks vote next.
    They'll probably vote the DUP back into Stormont.  
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3963
    ICBM said:

I do know of one 'secret' woman here... although she's not around much.
    I'd love to see a pic of you dressed as Shirley ICBM. Come on, let's see it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    Deadman said:

There may be a pic of me in a kilt - actually a proper highland Plaid, not a skirt - somewhere, which is about as close as you'll get!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ICBM said:
    Deadman said:

There may be a pic of me in a kilt - actually a proper highland Plaid, not a skirt - somewhere, which is about as close as you'll get!
    I got married in a kilt. Wife is Scottish - I was officially accepted into the clan and everything. Wore the clan tartan. Loved it. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    Ravenous said:

That's odd - you expect us to moderate according to your tastes but you've only ever flagged two posts, neither of which were for sexism. Or do you expect us to read all of the 1000+ posts per day on here?

(edited for accuracy and less specificity)

Steady on - I didn't realise you were taking note of who reports who and then shaming them on the forum...

(Seriously - you could do a hasty edit of some of the above if you want to reverse this possible problem.)

I've edited it for accuracy, but here's the thing - if somebody's going to have a go at our moderation and demonstrably knows how to use the flag system yet has never used it for the kind of statement he's publicly complaining about, then I'm going to call him out for hypocrisy.
    Um, both times were misogynistic posts? And airing people's flags publicly, that's pretty crappy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    Ravenous said:

That's odd - you expect us to moderate according to your tastes but you've only ever flagged two posts, neither of which were for sexism. Or do you expect us to read all of the 1000+ posts per day on here?

(edited for accuracy and less specificity)

Steady on - I didn't realise you were taking note of who reports who and then shaming them on the forum...

(Seriously - you could do a hasty edit of some of the above if you want to reverse this possible problem.)

I've edited it for accuracy, but here's the thing - if somebody's going to have a go at our moderation and demonstrably knows how to use the flag system yet has never used it for the kind of statement he's publicly complaining about, then I'm going to call him out for hypocrisy.
    Um, both times were misogynistic posts? And airing people's flags publicly, that's pretty crappy. 
    Neither were, as I've just explained by PM.
    <space for hire>
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    i suspect most do what i did for ages, which is check out new gear & reviews (we don't only buy shoes) but keep the off topic boys club at arms length. not a criticism & i never felt excluded. guys have clubs & girls too (mumsnet not one of mine thanks). women come from a different place as men on some issues (& vice versa) so dedicated spaces for some things makes sense.
    i'm not a gearhead at all. that may be a boy thing. i like what i like & what works for me. so maybe i don't have much to contribute there. but i was bedbound with flu over the weekend & it amused me to post something so there it is.
    the positive & supportive reaction to the female guitarist post here yesterday was a credit to the site btw. no one asked for photos or a telephone number which is what most women always dread when entering a male-oriented zone. proper gents all. who'd have thunk it.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24643
    As a moderator here, I too take exception to whining about the moderation when no bugger flags it.  If it doesn't get flagged, it probably won't be seen by any of us.  Just like these people who moan about the government but can't be arsed to vote.  If you don't flag it, you don't get to bitch about nothing being done about it.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ESBlonde said:
    @Emp_Fab is a bit of an old woman at times. ;-)

Sometimes?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited January 2017
    Maybe @Emp_Fab is the 'secret' woman.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4375
    @guitarfishbay This true, except when you see threads on here about 'the most beautiful women' and a lot of users complaining about their wives ;) 
    I would counter that with this...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/315/readers-cats/p1 ;

;)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11515
    My wife has an account I think. Doesn't post though. Very sensible.
    My wife signed up; I banned her account before she could get anywhere.

No sense inviting trouble...and besides, she's not a guitarist or bassist, so she has no business being here ;)
    If my wife signed up I'd get banned as she would probably use my computer and have the same IP address.

No-one go giving her ideas.
  • crunchman said:
    My wife has an account I think. Doesn't post though. Very sensible.
    My wife signed up; I banned her account before she could get anywhere.

No sense inviting trouble...and besides, she's not a guitarist or bassist, so she has no business being here ;)
    If my wife signed up I'd get banned as she would probably use my computer and have the same IP address.

No-one go giving her ideas.
    her username would be @crunchlady
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10392
    My wife's called Buystuff.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6170
    Well, this escalated quickly.
    It's a hot topic.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Maybe @Emp_Fab is the 'secret' woman.

Secret?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 250
    Wow, didn't realise that being a woman could kick a thread off so much!!  Haha

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Blackjack said:
    Wow, didn't realise that being a woman could kick a thread off so much!!  Haha

It's the novelty factor round here...