Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You're gonna need a bigger settee" (gratuitous 'my guitars' pic)

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    You have some very drab (guitar) colours there - needs a Surf green, Daphne blue, Shell pink etc etc to liven up the collection. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This situation is familiar: A birthday card from my wife some years ago.

And the following year, after I'd bought a green metalflake finish Switch guitar.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Trophy to decide if the fender strat or gibson is the coolest..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Looks comfortable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Jack_ said:
    Looks comfortable.

Youd have to move all the bloody guitars out of the way first.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Trophy to decide if the fender strat or gibson is the coolest..

Don't know but the Tele is definitely the hardest. Small and laid back but if they all got into a brawl you know it'd rip the nipples off the other three single handed.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • if you got rid of the settee youd have more room for guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14013
    Ravenous said:
    Trophy to decide if the fender strat or gibson is the coolest..

Don't know but the Tele is definitely the hardest. Small and laid back but if they all got into a brawl you know it'd rip the nipples off the other three single handed.
    Agreed, it's a tank. skinny frets, fat neck but growls and barks like a pissed off dog when pushed!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Neil said:
    You have some very drab (guitar) colours there - needs a Surf green, Daphne blue, Shell pink etc etc to liven up the collection. ;)

I agree in principle, but I think this is what is really required:

http://www.ibanez.com/world/product_news/pages/2016/UV77/images/pic_03_03.png

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    You seem like a lovely  chap from your threads,  so take this In the best way, but man that's one hell of a boring collection, to me (and probably only me)  it's like looking at a line up of Ford Mondeos. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    I think that's unfair! Let's not forget these are instruments TO BE PLAYED... what you have there is a versatile collection of sounds that have carved the shape of music over the last 60 years. I don't think an explorer, V, Moderne, or even a Jaguar can lay the same claim.
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    monoamine said:
    I think that's unfair! Let's not forget these are instruments TO BE PLAYED... what you have there is a versatile collection of sounds that have carved the shape of music over the last 60 years. I don't think an explorer, V, Moderne, or even a Jaguar can lay the same claim.

It's totally fair, it's only an opinion and not relevant to how the op feels at all, if you put pics on the net expect some people to not like them,  for me strats teles and les Paul's are the most common,   most used and I'm bored to tears by them, that's how I feel I'm not expecting anyone to feel the same so chill your boots Mr  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    You seem like a lovely  chap from your threads,  so take this In the best way, but man that's one hell of a boring collection, to me (and probably only me)  it's like looking at a line up of Ford Mondeos. 
    Lol'd

Boring? Some of the most revolutionary and culture changing music has been recorded on these models. Admittedly that was all before 1980 and pre-widdly pointy headstocks.

How can you call my El Diablo Strat boring? 

One mans meat etc.

DLM said:
    Neil said:

I agree in principle, but I think this is what is really required:

http://www.ibanez.com/world/product_news/pages/2016/UV77/images/pic_03_03.png

To me, this pointy mess is drab. It looks like an accident with a band saw and tin of paint

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Boring?

Nah - he'd need to add a Fender P-Bass for it to be boring ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Lol'd

Boring? Some of the most revolutionary and culture changing music has been recorded on these models. Admittedly that was all before 1980 and pre-widdly pointy headstocks.

How can you call my El Diablo Strat boring? 

One mans meat etc.

Hey man, it's all good, I can see why you like them, and that's Brill,  I just crave the left field, and only see marketing and mass production when I look at the above. No opinion is right or wrong :) 
    Boring?

I would love a Precision bass, with fat strings and a Marshall amp that is the bedrock of great music, especially when Bruce Foxton played one in The Jam.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Boring?

I would love a Precision bass, with fat strings and a Marshall amp that is the bedrock of great music, especially when Bruce Foxton played one in The Jam.
    A man after my own heart ;)
    Oh, and you are right about one thing...I am a lovely chap.

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4307
    The image mustn't be displaying properly for me, as I don't see any P90's. Maybe cropped or something.

Nice collection though. I am however withholding my WOW until you have got rid of the awful pickguard.

;)