Little sister

What's Hot
Have admired these and prompted by recent classified ad, visited site. They are doing a 'asian manufactured' version at 1400 us$. https://bngguitars.com/little-sister-crossroads

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Anyone wanna edumacate me on why these Little Sisters are so popular? Seems to have come out of nowhere and are more a victory of marketing than of design, but I'm listening and open-minded!

However you slice it the 'Crossroads' version looks to be a good value for a guitar like that full stop considering the feature set...
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Is it the same shizzle that surrounded the Daisy Rock guitars a few years back?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3259
    edited January 2017
    New to me but that really floats my boat.... as always said you buy a guitar with your eyes only
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32390
    I'm not sure I'd want solid brass pickup covers, I've never liked the sound of anything I've ever heard with them.

Not hard to fix obviously, but it speaks volumes to me about style over substance.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 1018
    I hope the asian built ones are easily discernible from the authentic Israeli hand built ones or some very unscrupulous individuals may try to con people as these go for over £3k and they sell out every time they come into this country.
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • I'm with @maltingsaudio, love the style. It's a decent looking price for the crossroads version, they'll ship direct for +375 USD in customs etc. I'd be tempted apart from crappy exchange rate. There's a UK dealer - zero stock, but some interesting gear http://thenorthamericanguitar.com/electrics/

• whom i contacted, they say about £1500 in uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    I've not seen one of these in the flesh but they do seem to have created a buzz on social meejha. To me they look like a child might draw a guitar, the right bits exist but the proportions are all wrong and slotted headstocks are for spanish style guitars ( Also C F Martin you should know better). The string tensioner looks like a cheap japanese guitar of the 1960s.
    Now if they bloom and sing I could see past all that, but as I said I have no experience of one yet.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Like the look of these. Interesting that people are saying that these Asian ones look like good value, yet there is a Sister (see what I did there) thread that states that Eastman and the like are way overpriced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    dindude said:
    Like the look of these. Interesting that people are saying that these Asian ones look like good value, yet there is a Sister (see what I did there) thread that states that Eastman and the like are way overpriced.
    Speaking as someone who said that the Asian B&Gs look good value I'd like to put on record that I think the Eastmans are too. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited January 2017
    If you buy one, do you mind if I strum your Little Sister?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28749
    dindude said:
    It's marketing 101. All about emotion - it's how Apple market stuff vs the rest of the tech world.

Little Sister: "look at this authentic old-timey doohickey. Betcha could make some mighty fine music this this ol' thing. It's less exclusive than our USA one, but still exclusive, so you'll feel special"

Eastman: "this guitar is really good. it has features like every other guitar and it's a nice instrument."
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Not seen before but I rather like the look of them.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3531
    edited January 2017
    There's one for sale on this very forum too, at a reasonable price, courtesy of @Nibulniblin ;
  • I'm curious to see one if nothing else.