SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Damage Control Liquid Blues dual tube overdrive

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
Thought long and hard about this, and finally decided to move it along.  I'll get some actual pictures up later today, but in the meantime, here's a stock photo...

It's in superb ungigged condition, and boxed with the manual and original UK power supply.  Big blue bugger, couple of tubes run at "proper" voltages, onboard optical compressor and "clarity" control (parallel wet/dry blend of unaffected signal), footswitches for drive and "nuclear" (fixed dB boost) modes.  I contacted Strymon to ask about tube substitutions, and based on their advice, I've swapped the "nuclear" 12AX7 for a 12AY7...this satisfies the current draw requirements, and takes the edge off the boosted drive sound to make it much more useful (a common complaint with these, it's a bit too fizzy with the stock 12AX7).

I love how it sounds, but did I mention that it's big?  Well, it is.  I'll make sure I take a shot of it next to a MXR Dist+ and a Zoom G3 to give a proper idea of its footprint.

Looking for £100 posted...last one I saw on eBay over here went for a good £15-20 more than that, so I think that's about right.  Trying to raise funds for a "nice" analog delay, so also happy to consider trades for something that falls into that category.

Cheers!
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
    Pictures as promised...

Lastly, a size comparison with a Zoom G3 and a Dist+...

• Interested in a trade for a Coopersonic Dual Valve Deluxe Overdrive?
  • http://www.coopersonic.com/deluxe-dual-valve-overdrive

Have a look at the manufacturers info if you're not familiar :)

Interested in a trade for a Coopersonic Dual Valve Deluxe Overdrive?
    Cheers, but only really interested in trading for an analog delay of some kind.
  • What about a Maxon AD999 :)

Best there is IMO and I happen to have two... I was going to list it for £135.00 shipped laster in the week...

What about a Maxon AD999 :)

Best there is IMO and I happen to have two... I was going to list it for £135.00 shipped laster in the week...

OK, I'll give it some thought. thanks.  I was erring on the side of something with a bit of modulation going on, but I'm aware these are very nice units!
    BUMP...after some research, I can manage a bit of wiggle room on the price, so please offer away!
    Last BUMP before hitting eBay this weekend...
  • Now listed on eBay here.