Getting a foot in the door...

MattGMattG Frets: 170
edited January 2014 in Studio & Recording

Hey guys i know not many of you know me so some background I am a second year Audio Music Technology student that studies in UWE and is based in Essex.
As part of my course I am advised to do an industrial placement year next academic year and i wondered if any of you lovely people know anybody or anywhere i should be looking at for this sort of thing, I’ve checked a lot of the music recruitment sites music jobs.co.uk .etc but as i haven’t finished my degree and am only looking for work for one year nobody seems to want to know.
I am looking at anything audio related be it live sound or studio work and have a drivers licence do travel isn't really a problem.
I am experienced with Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase and Reason and have done live orchestral recordings.

I also have a level 3 certificate in Technical Theatre Stage Management (live sound, lighting, rigging etc) and have considerable experience from helping my collage with it as well as this i have a level 3 extended diploma in Music Technology (live sound and recording).
Unfortunately I just cannot afford to do a placement for free.

I am currently firing out CV's to every studio and live sound company that i know of or that google throws at me.
So if anyone has any tips or knows of anybody or anywhere i should be looking at it would be much appreciated.
Cheers guys

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments