Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How's this for a Strat tone - maybe the best you'll hear ?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    fendergibson said:

Most definitely, I fear the detractors didn't listen more than 5 mins.... ;) 
    I confess to not listening for more than one minute. It was a push to even get through forty seconds of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    ICBM said:
    fendergibson said:

I confess to not listening for more than one minute. It was a push to even get through forty seconds of it.
    I listened for nearly 10 mins (most of it) but then had enough.  I'm sure it was fun for the players but truthfully regardless of good riffs etc, an instrumental that long is boring for the listener.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    ICBM said:
    fendergibson said:

I made it 8 minutes in, but couldn't be bothered to watch anymore and I love drawn out improvs. Rabea's a good player (the drummer's a bit meat and veg and the bassist had a horrible sound), but I found none of it that inspiring, there wasn't much interaction and not much interesting sound palette wise. Kind of struck me as they were looking for something and not finding it, but then again that's how a lot of jamming can go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    fendergibson said:

Fair enough, I only got through the first four words of your reply.........

yawn  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As an overall piece of music, yeah of course it's not engaging, it's not a song....It's not the most inspired jam, for sure, but the guitar sounded great (on topic!) and I found a lot of parts here and there to enjoy in the guitar playing

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    ICBM said:
    fendergibson said:

Fair enough, I only got through the first four words of your reply.........

yawn  :)
    I didn't even press play, I don't even want to hear John Coltrane making shit up, let alone some chump from a guitar shop.

I guess it's my age, every quarter hour becomes more precious. :)

To be fair to @ICBM he actually works in a guitar shop and has to listen to incessant, directionless noodling every day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    I don't even want to hear John Coltrane making shit up, let alone some chump from a guitar shop. 
    This really made me laugh. Well played, Sir!
    p90fool said:

To be fair to @ICBM he actually works in a guitar shop and has to listen to incessant, directionless noodling every day.
    Only if I'm playing :).

Luckily only one day a week actually… but it can still get bothersome sometimes. Although it being absolutely essential to test a 100W amp at full volume for five minutes usually fixes the problem ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2661

Listen and weep.
  • ICBM said:
    p90fool said:

Luckily only one day a week actually… but it can still get bothersome sometimes. Although it being absolutely essential to test a 100W amp at full volume for five minutes usually fixes the problem ;).
    Because then you come out deaf. 
    olafgarten said:

Nah. It isn't that loud for a few minutes if you make sure you're not sitting directly in front of the speakers. It does shake you up a bit, but that's about all. It's fun though :).

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:

Pardon - wot's that you say - your cousins come out with dandruff?? Image result for deaf man
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ewalewal Frets: 2642
    Dreadful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    I think isn't a bad effort bearing in mind he was probbo 3 sheets to the wind and the guitar was a slippery with sweat....

I would be happy with that delivery from Strats all day long...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>