Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5594
    If you do actually have to hide your modesty under the kilt, can we call you TommyGstring from now on? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Sheena specifically bought me a set of boxers for the occasion lol!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    All you need is a can of Woad and you'll be sorted ;) all the best for tomorrow :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    Does that stand for Weapon of Ass Destruction? 
    (Too much urbandictionary!) :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15839
    Does that stand for Weapon of Ass Destruction? 
    (Too much urbandictionary!) :)

well, it explain why the pictish warriors were always so damn angry.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12087
    Just go with the flow, and enjoy yourself
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Hope the day's gone well for you @thomasross20 - raising a glass to you right now :)
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Just caught up with this thread for the first time in a while. Hope you and Sheena had a great day. Drank a few units in celebration. Congrats to you both. Hope the day went well.
    edited April 2017
    Brilliant night.

Tears, laughter, food, dancing. 

Have to say the speeches were fantastic !

Sheena looked incredible. She came in to "white wedding." After some delay, I might add - I joked that I would be saying "I do" to the next person through the door! During the signing, North Sea Gas adapted "Marie's Wedding" to "Sheena's Wedding" for us and were there to play it live - Sheena has known them since they started out. At the end, we exited to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and we did an impromptu dance down the aisle, which actually looked great apparently lol. We got a lift from Sheena's best friend who did the Jag up for us! This was a non-religious ceremony just at a registry office but it was lovely. Sheena's brother in law did a reading for us, which Sheena wrote, and was lovely. He choked up at the end and almost set me off!

Reception was a small and intimate thing, 5 mins away and close to home. We had a big projector showing photos of our lives over the years, which was a great touch. Eiffel tower from Paris on the tables. Buffet was great. Two Scottish dances which were a bit manic but we got there in the end. First dance was to "Love Me Tender" - lots of people crying watching. Same for the speeches - they went down incredibly well. From the heart. Very tiring working the room to chat to everybody! We had a video guestbook so the videographer pulled people out randomly so they could record messages for us. The cake was an imitation of that purple PRS I had! Nice touch by Sheena. The Eiffel towers on the tables were great - we put lights on them, and party pieces etc.

By the way, the second dance was great.. we formed a circle then I just went for it.. it was to "eye of the tiger" - I jumped in there and did the robot lol... Then everybody took it in turns to do their little thing!! The last one was Auld Lang Syne, really nice. I had to do an "off the cuff" speech at the end to say thanks to everybody which turned out great.. I used our house sales agent, who came to the wedding, as an example of how even after a couple days, Sheena can make friends of anybody, that is the sort of woman she is - and that I love her, and loved everybody there as they are all positive forces in our lives. 

I'm sure there's loads more but it'll be on video! Really amazing day, everybody said so and sheena said she was 95% happy with it which is massive for Sheena lol. There were a few niggles - I initially thought the mp3 player was bust at the ceremony, the tables at the reception left no room for dancing so got shifted, the wall tapestries weren't rolled up like Sheena wanted, the cake which got made for us wasn't toffee like she asked for, and the 500+ photos on the projector were all rotated 90 degrees for some reason, but my friend who came all the way from Germany fixed those for us. It ended up great, though.

It wasn't a big expensive wedding but it was really intimate and personal. 

0reaction image LOL 20reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73010
    Sounds brilliant :).

North Sea Gas are great - I used to work with their banjo player (Gerry, now sadly no longer with us). Does their guitarist (Davy? Can't quite remember) still use that Lowden with the hole in the front and a giant perspex pickguard? Or has he finally thrashed it to pieces...?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3447
    Good stuff. Glad it went well!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14720
    tFB Trader
    Excellent and great to hear you all had a fantastic time - Hope you enjoy many more days together and make the most of the time available - Very best wishes

you mentioned Tears, laughter, food, dancing.  - What about the liquid that goes in a glass
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Glad it went well :)
    @ICBM I'm not sure - the day went by so fast. I'll check the video when we get it :) Never knew you worked with them - they're great!

I stuck mainly to clear fluids for hydration lol! I did have a cheeky cider though :)

Didn't need the rubber band... Almost, though!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Congratulations! 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Sounds like you both had a great day! :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73010
    @ICBM I'm not sure - the day went by so fast. I'll check the video when we get it :) Never knew you worked with them - they're great!
    Not them as such - just Gerry, he was the shop manager in Gordon Simpsons for many years, when I was their repairman. He was a brilliant banjo player and a reasonable guitarist. I worked on their guitars and other gear a bit - they were very hard on it, like most working folkies! No concept of treating expensive guitars like Lowdens as anything other than a tool…

It's good to hear they're still going, too. I lost touch with Gerry after the shop closed about ten years ago.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Awesome - it sounds fantastic. Congratulations on bring a married man - and on everything you have done and are doing.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10391
    Big congrats to you both.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Sounds like a great day was had :)