Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ES-335 style guitars?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7121
    tFB Trader
    dogload said:
    What kind of weight are the CT models ?......
    Probably less than a regular 335 type because they are er, very thin!
    Won't the extra air in the bigger body make it lighter?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:
    Probably less than a regular 335 type because they are er, very thin!
    Won't the extra air in the bigger body make it lighter?
    Of course, yes!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a German-made Verithin, from just after they moved to full-size humbuckers, 2004 I think. I don't remember much about it, I think it was a slight second or a show model which I got from eBay for £600. I was a frustrated guitarist around that time though - 2 nice guitars and a Behringer V-Amp 2. I could constantly hear myself acoustically and it bugged me. I'd love that guitar back now!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Washburn HB35
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    dogload said:
    matone said:
    When I was growing up, the Gibson 335 was for me, the pinnacle in guitars. It was all I wanted.

Finally bought a new one in approx '97 from Dawson's Stockport.  It was the biggest let down in history, it was lifeless, hard to play and too pristine for general gigging/having out of the case.

I was just too blinded by the headstock name and kidded myself it would get better etc.

Roll on 10 yrs later in a studio recording an ep and the bassist brings in a 90's Ibanez Semi, no idea of model but no frills.

It restored my faith in large semis and I vowed never to pretend a guitar was better just because of the name on the headstock again.

A precautionary tale for all  ;)

Ps. If I was getting one, I'd be looking at a Verithin or some Epi.

Same here,only had one Gibson,a late 80`s version,looked lovely but was a bland ,lifeless thing,lasted a few months lol.
    Currently have a CT series Verythin and really like it.Has a proper acousticness to its sound.
    Gave you a LOL by accident by the way.
    A plus one from me for the CT Verythins. I also have one which is lovely; well-built, great neck and once I'd swapped the bridge pickup for something less woolly, sounds superb.

Also worth considering are old Westone Rainbows, although for some reason they seem to be getting ridiculously expensive on Ebay, Again, nicely made and great-sounding, although they have a bit of an '80's semi' look about them (the horns are pointier than a 335 and the headstock is a bit 'Aria').
    Can only comment on the one I have.It`s a light guitar,nothing like some of the lumps you can pick up by the big names.
    Never weighed it,as it`s a happy weight !