I built a chorus - you're gonna need a bigger box

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Just finished this, based on the BOSS CE-2. As chorus is intrinsically 80s I thought I would go all out with the art and make it as cheesy as possible.

Unfortunately due to the size of the case and wires crossing over I'm getting some faint clock noise so going to have to put it in a larger case, so annoying!

Wow, that looks cool! How did you add the graphic/art to the pedal- waterslide?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Octafish said:
    Just finished this, based on the BOSS CE-2. As chorus is intrinsically 80s I thought I would go all out with the art and make it as cheesy as possible.

Unfortunately due to the size of the case and wires crossing over I'm getting some faint clock noise so going to have to put it in a larger case, so annoying!

Wow, that looks cool! How did you add the graphic/art to the pedal- waterslide?
    Thanks! I just painted the box black and used a sticker then lacquered it
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Have you tried shielded wire where the wires cross? Also using it with a decent isolated psu is a must, clock noise can be a big problem when daisy-chaining. Looks awesome by the way. :-)
    I haven't can you recommend some shielded wire I could purchase?

yeah I tried it with an isolated supply and it was the same
    This https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200_205&products_id=1475&zenid=13nkhb2ntk0ri5ii2nc5i4nbc1

or this https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200_205&products_id=1476&zenid=13nkhb2ntk0ri5ii2nc5i4nbc1

should do the trick.
  • Just finished this, based on the BOSS CE-2. As chorus is intrinsically 80s I thought I would go all out with the art and make it as cheesy as possible.

I love it! I mean, I hate it, but I love it! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited February 2017
    Cool! I'm a big chorus fan. :)
    GavRichList said:
    Not unlike the JHS Ryan Adams offering. 
    Talking of JHS, here's my genuine 1986 JHS Stereo Chorus, in need of some TLC it has to be said...

And when we say JHS that's John Hornby Skewes.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • TonyR said:
    Cool! I'm a big chorus fan. :)
    GavRichList said:
    Not unlike the JHS Ryan Adams offering. 
    Talking of JHS, here's my genuine 1986 JHS Stereo Chorus, in need of some TLC it has to be said...

And when we say JHS that's John Hornby Skewes.
    If you advertise that on TGP. For $600 as an 'early' JHS you will have your hand bitten off. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom