How to delete account?

What's Hot
Apologies if posted previously. I can't find a way to delete my account?

-AM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10348
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Apologies if posted previously. I can't find a way to delete my account?

-AM
    Welcome to the Hotel California 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27728
    As your only contribution here is the thread, there doesn't really seem much point in deleting your account?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5189
    Yes, run my child and don't look back! Now is your only hope. Or stay and risk years of GAS attacks and poor financial health  :)
  • TTony said:
    As your only contribution here is the thread, there doesn't really seem much point in deleting your account?
    Or does @ArgosMarlin mean change his user name? The answer to that also being you can't, although admin can. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    TTony said:
    Yeah, but how could they ask how to delete it if they hadn't signed up?

Carch 22.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72728
    It's easy. You become an irritating condescending prick, get suspended for being unable to stop baiting one of the other members, then while you're suspended you create a new identity so you can sneak back in. The mods spot this and ban you permanently. Job done.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28790
    ICBM said:
    It's easy. You become an irritating condescending prick, 
    I can confirm from personal experience that this, on its own, does not get the desired result.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    I can confirm from personal experience that this, on its own, does not get the desired result.
    True, but I think there are a number of conspiracy theories floating around as to why you're not an admin any more :D
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Correct - but I'm just waiting for you to create your second account, and then you're gone.
    :P
    The conspiracy theory is that I'm not an admin any more.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sporky said:
    The conspiracy theory is that I'm not an admin any more.
    Are you a stealthmin!?
    TTony said:
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Correct - but I'm just waiting for you to create your second account, and then you're gone.
    :P
    That'd be an amateur mistake.

I have my first account, and my zeroth account. That adds up to one account, and I am invincible.
  • TTony said:
    My second post, my first (in the introductions section) never appeared and in the downtime I signed up elsewhere. No matter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TTony said:
    My second post, my first (in the introductions section) never appeared and in the downtime I signed up elsewhere. No matter
    Elsewhere? There's an elsewhere?? Lol

Next you'll be saying the earth is flat...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    @digitalscream @monquixote ;

His first post is in the spam queue awaiting someone clearing it.  Comment above is clear evidence that we're losing potential members / traffic by posts being blocked and there being no alert in place - and there's a lot of posts in the queue awaiting clearance ...

Does Vanilla fix this (absence of alerts) in any subsequent release?
  • TTony said:
    TTony said:
    @digitalscream @monquixote ;

His first post is in the spam queue awaiting someone clearing it.  Comment above is clear evidence that we're losing potential members / traffic by posts being blocked and there being no alert in place - and there's a lot of posts in the queue awaiting clearance ...

Does Vanilla fix this (absence of alerts) in any subsequent release?
    Not that I can see, but even if it did fix it we wouldn't be updating to that version for many reasons - not least the fact that the most recent release (2.3, we're on 2.2) breaks so many things that we'd lose far more people. Many plugins don't work, the editor's even more broken than it was before we moved to this one, mentions don't work properly, and it'd require a lot of server work to update to a new version of PHP.

If I'm going to have to do all the work to update PHP on the server, I want to be damn sure that the forum's going to actually work without major regressions before I do so because there's essentially no way back from that.
    <space for hire>
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @ArgosMarlin Simultaneous membership of multiple forums is a perfectly normal thing, you know?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    digitalscream said:

we wouldn't be updating to that version for many reasons - not least the fact that the most recent release (2.3, we're on 2.2) breaks so many things that we'd lose far more people. Many plugins don't work, the editor's even more broken than it was before we moved to this one, mentions don't work properly, and it'd require a lot of server work to update to a new version of PHP.
    Ahhhhh ... smell that Open Source Software
    ;)

Don't think anyone's going to disagree with that rationale.  So we need to find another fix to the problem.
  • TTony said:
    digitalscream said:

we wouldn't be updating to that version for many reasons - not least the fact that the most recent release (2.3, we're on 2.2) breaks so many things that we'd lose far more people. Many plugins don't work, the editor's even more broken than it was before we moved to this one, mentions don't work properly, and it'd require a lot of server work to update to a new version of PHP.
    Ahhhhh ... smell that Open Source Software
    ;)

Don't think anyone's going to disagree with that rationale.  So we need to find another fix to the problem.
    It's not so much "Open Source" that's the problem...it's just that the people running this particular project appear to a) be not very good, and b) show a significantly higher level of competence when making changes for the commercial version of the software.

I have a fix for the problem - see my post in the Admins Only area :)
    <space for hire>