SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

REMOVED FROM SALE. Sorry

What's Hot
benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1398
edited February 2014 in Amps £
Would ideally like to trade for a Tweed Champ Clone The 5E3 is in near mint condition As recommended by someone on here I've added another 12AX7 valve in to try and get more drive but I kept the original 12AY7, I also have another rectifier valve that I'm happy to include. REALLY don't want to ship, it's just in too good condition to risk it. So if there's any travelling to be done I'm happy to do it. I'm in East Lancs so anything south of Birmingham or North of the border is kind of off limits but give me a shout if you have anything interesting. Cheers
How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have you considered a power brake? http://www.drzamps.com/products/brake_lite.html
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 222
    Do you have any pics? And trade for other things?
  • I will get pics up tonight I promise! Trade wise I'm really wanting something smaller (physically) would consider a pro junior plus some cash? Anything along those lines really. I'd really rather not go down the attenuator route but might be worth a try thanks for suggestion.
    How very rock and roll
  • Cash price £500. Still up for trades
    How very rock and roll
  • I put an L-Pad between my 5e3 and the speaker and it works a treat. 15 quid and a really quick easy thing to add. Also, a Champ will still be too loud!
  • Surely the champ will grit up at home levels? Even if only a bit? It'll be infinitly easier to get in and out of a car as well
    How very rock and roll
  • Hmmm, I'm not so sure.  Don't want to derail your thread, but an attenuator allows you to choose when the amp breaks up.  Otherwise, the amp chooses.  Worth a try isn't it?  After all, you say you love the cleans of the Deluxe.  I'm willing to send you my attenuator for a trial if you promise to send it back!
  • This is a clone right? what is it - exactly, a home built kit, pro build from the ground up? any paperwork to support it?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    +1 Lpads are a great cheap way of attenuating asmal amp
    I put an L-Pad between my 5e3 and the speaker and it works a treat. 15 quid and a really quick easy thing to add. Also, a Champ will still be too loud!

• +1 for Lpads, don't believe all the baloney that says you have to buy a 200 quid job
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    A "£200 quid job" really is essential for a higher powered amp, but for up to 20W or so an L-Pad is great
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1398
    edited February 2014
    mattacjones;155373" said:
    This is a clone right? what is it - exactly, a home built kit, pro build from the ground up? any paperwork to support it?
    Qualms addressed and ad edited. Thanks
    How very rock and roll
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Are you selling the Flint by any chance?
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • Hmmmm hopefully should be onto some work in the next month or so and the flint is something I was hoping to keep. If work falls thru it'll unfortunately be up for the chop tho. I'll pm you if that's the case
    How very rock and roll
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    PM'd
  • Hmmmm so after chatting with forum members it's come to light that this isn't a fender. I want to apologise to anyone if they've thought I've been trying to mislead, I haven't. Scouts honour. I have it on good word that it's a very good clone tho and hopefully @knuckleberryfinn will weigh in here with some of the things we've discussed in pm's. Bottom line is cosmetically and electronically it's in great shape and does everything it should. Tbh it never mattered to me whether or not it's fender I'm just a bit miffed that people might have thought I'd misadvertised it. I was getting rid as I'm out of work and needed cash but there's a chance of a job on the horizon so if that transpires I may even remove from sale. But for now it's still for sale with new price of £420. Let's get this show back on the road
    How very rock and roll
  • @benmurray85 sent me the original ad for the amp when we were discussing him borrowing my L-Pad, and it as been built according to the Hoffman modified layout (you can see the layout is not Fender straight away), which is apparently an improvement in terms of the noise floor.  It has a choke in place of the first dropping resistor too, and I think the shielded grid wires to V1 are a good sign.  Could we have some better photos though?  And maybe sound clips if possible?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom