Intonation?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Ok guys, I found someone local to do the nut job for me, Sundown guitars just op the road a wee bit, would it be best to set the action at the bridge before or after the nut gets sorted? Or does it matter? I am thinking about bringing the strings down a bit at the bridge as well.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    robgilmo said:
    Ok guys, I found someone local to do the nut job for me, Sundown guitars just op the road a wee bit, would it be best to set the action at the bridge before or after the nut gets sorted? Or does it matter? I am thinking about bringing the strings down a bit at the bridge as well.
    After.

Nut height first, then neck relief, then bridge height, then bridge intonation. You *can* do things in a different order - and sometimes it's useful to go back and tweak one of the earlier ones to get it 'just right' - but that's the quickest and minimises the need to correct earlier adjustments.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Nice one, thanks buddy.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    could try the earvana nut? i haven't tried one but some people into widdly rate them.

i have my own personal magic method for dealing with intonation probs, so never an issue.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...