Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your age and you have Full head of hair........Thinning on top.......Bald and couldn't give a toss ?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bidley said:
    holnrew said:
    Bidley said:
    I've NOT got the face for it so I'll look pretty bad, there's no two ways about it.
    Pretty much my predicament. I'm going to look like a cunt if I like it or not.

If I go for the big shave, I'll look like an egg with a beard. Fuck that.
    Don't go total bald, shave it a couple of mm. It'll look much better than having it longer on the sides
    Yeah you're probably right. I just don't have the bollocks to do it. It's actually really affecting my mood these days.
    All the more reason to go for it. When it becomes normal for you to look like that you'll be glad you did it. I have a pointy head and look like an egg but still feel more confident than I did with a full head of hair. Taking control is pretty empowering
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Almost 26 and receding slightly at the front, ha e been for a few years, thick wavy hair though, in the progress of regrowing it after a moment of madness last year and shaving shoulder length hair off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1872
    40 last week. Balding on top for about 10 years now. From the front I like to think it looks thinner but still there. From the back it looks worse. Making the "no fixed haircut" my own.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5775

39 and quite the sex-machine solar panel going on. 

Started losing my hair at 18, I'd wake up thinking I'd had a passionate night with a Wookie!

Use to bother me until my mid 20s even though it wasn't terrible then.

Lost a lot more since and now just shave the dome down to the shortest the clippers will go.

Does it bother me?  Yes, if I think about it - I'd prefer a full mop but nowt I can do about it so get on, accept and console myself with the fact that Sir Patrick Stewart and Jason Statham are considered sex symbols!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    holnrew said:
    Bidley said:
    holnrew said:
    Bidley said:
    I've NOT got the face for it so I'll look pretty bad, there's no two ways about it.

Don't go total bald, shave it a couple of mm. It'll look much better than having it longer on the sides
    Yeah you're probably right. I just don't have the bollocks to do it. It's actually really affecting my mood these days.
    All the more reason to go for it. When it becomes normal for you to look like that you'll be glad you did it. I have a pointy head and look like an egg but still feel more confident than I did with a full head of hair. Taking control is pretty empowering
    When I started to go thin 20 yrs ago I did a number 4 all over. As my hair got thinner the numbers got lower. Last year on a business trip I used a razor. Nobody noticed
  • 36 and thinned a lot at the back and receding a lot from the front.  

My old man was completely bald on top by the time he was 25 so I'm lucky that it's not happened earlier. No greys at all though on my head though I have a few coming through in facial hair 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    holnrew said:
    Bidley said:
    holnrew said:
    Bidley said:

Thanks mate. In my case I wouldn't say that shaving my hair off because I'm losing it anyway is taking control, but you're spot on.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    ICBM said:
    The classic male-pattern baldness gene is passed down through the female chromosome, so you need to look at your mum's dad to see if you're likely to have it.
    Fuck. That's really annoying as my dad still has a full head of hair at 54, but all the men on my mum's side seem to go bald.

Only 21 so hopefully I have a while left, but I'll miss this if it goes...

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af347/ConnorF1995/proud_zpsg9hcuzpq.jpg

I reckon if I started going bald I'd either try some kind of hair-regrowth treatment or just shave the fucking lot of it. Don't want the balding look if I'm honest.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23560
    Telejester said:

Has anyone here got a bobby ?

I didn't think anybody below the age of 60 sported a combover - I'd have said it was on the verge of extinction, in fact - but I noticed at the weekend that Lincoln City's Matt Rhead (32) has a bit of a Bobby going on.  I was quite shocked.

• Philly_Q said:
    Telejester said:

I didn't think anybody below the age of 60 sported a combover - I'd have said it was on the verge of extinction, in fact - but I noticed at the weekend that Lincoln City's Matt Rhead (32) has a bit of a Bobby going on.  I was quite shocked.

And I'll wager you were praying for strong crosswinds eh !
  • 36, bit of a monkey's arse going on and receding at the front. My forehead has been getting bigger since my twenties and my crown suddenly started thinning when I got 30. I'd get really down about it and had some awful hairstyles as a result. 
    Been buzzing it down to 2mm for a couple of years and wish I'd done it sooner. I still wish I had a full head of hair but I'm far more comfortable with myself now. I cringe at photos of myself before the chop now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23560
    Philly_Q said:
    Telejester said:

And I'll wager you were praying for strong crosswinds eh !
    That reminds me of a lecturer at university, he was totally bald on top with a full-on combover.  Saw him once on a windy day, his hair blew up like the lid on a flip-top bin.  It must have been nearly as long as Reverend's - but only on one side of his head. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One of the guys at work has the full hipster.

Beard like a Victorian sailor, shaved sides and long on the top.

But its very thin on top, not quite a comb over, more Donald Trump.

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1247
    45, also sporting the Alan Shearer look. 

I started to lose my hair in my mid 20s. Devastating at the time, these days I'm totally confident in myself, and couldn't give a flying fuck - too many more important things in life. And the barber money I've saved over the past 15 years in incredible! 

As a side note, the OP mentioned the male demographic on this forum. There's actually a lot of female baldness out there these days, it's just far less acceptable and so covered up more.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited February 2017
    58 and still have a largely non grey mop...and can grow it longer as no career to pander to anymore

http://i66.tinypic.com/ih057a.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I used to be tall dark and handsome, now I'm chubby, grey and happy.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom