NCD (Zilla Cabs with Creambacks)

not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
Big recommendations for anyone after a cab. Speak to Paul at Zilla http://www.zillacabs.com

I've had a 2x12 and a 1x12 from him before, and now the latest to join my line-up is this:

That's a Modern 2x12, loaded with the new G12-H 65 Creambacks. 

I need to break them in, but still going ahead with it at Saturdays gig. 

Top service from Paul. It was after something quick as my new head (Blackstar HT-50) was too deep for my previous cab, so I contacted him via Facebook message on Sunday night. Got a good price on this as it's 'new old stock', and he got it couriered out to me on Tuesday (after changing the jack plate to give me a link socket). 

Great service, great product. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Nice my mini modern is green on black Tolex as well. Pauls super easy to deal with and very helpful. I wouldn't look anywhere else if I needed a new cab.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice. Same speakers as my Zilla cab, I think they are great. Couldn't agree more about the service from Paul, top notch.
  • I got 112 with creamback just a month ago. I'm yet to test it at proper volumes, as the speaker need to break in apparently (mentioned in one of the threads a while ago).Happy NCD and let us now how are the creambacks ok? Cabs are grgreat quality, another vote for Paul here - top guy!
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    (If anyone's wondering if they do replica cabs - either to re-cab a vintage amp for gigging or for a new build - the answer is yes, apparently. I speculatively asked about a new cab for my Fender Princeton, and the response was "no problem".)
  • fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    edited January 2014
    I got a zilla fatboy today and massively impressed. Great service from Paul and for the size of cab it sounds huge with crazy amounts of bottom end but also great projection

I went unloaded and put my favourite set of g12 65's in there. Paul and I agree one of the best sets of speakers out there that once you start using them, if it's your sound you won't look at any other type of speaker ever again.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Nice :D
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    I've got Col's old Zilla 2x12 - I can only echo the comments about build quality. As he'll tell you - I ummmed and ahhhhed over spending that sort of cash on "just" a cabinet. But having run it at rehearsal last night (full gig volume) it was cash well spent - absolutely fantastic sounding cab/amp combination.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    impmann said:
    I've got Col's old Zilla 2x12 - I can only echo the comments about build quality. As he'll tell you - I ummmed and ahhhhed over spending that sort of cash on "just" a cabinet. But having run it at rehearsal last night (full gig volume) it was cash well spent - absolutely fantastic sounding cab/amp combination.

Nice one, pleased it's working out for you. Have a good gig on Saturday.

edited February 2014
    Sounded great last night, loving this set-up

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5775/ynir.jpg
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    So what's the thing about Creambacks - higher-rated Greenbacks or what ?
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau

Pretty much.
    Nice :D

Are they as bright as greenbacks? Bright's the wrong word, since greenbacks are pretty warm and woody, but that sort of bite in the treble that greenbacks have, I mean. I have a Tayden High Brit, which is sort of their take on a higher powered greenback, and it's a bit smoother-sounding. Just kind of wondering if the extra wattage handling and what they have to do to the spec to achieve that results in a smoother tone, or whether it's just that one model which does it...
    Hmmm, I'm rubbish at describing things like that....and I changed amps at the same time I got the Creambacks...so not ideal. I do like them though!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    The 65W ones are - the 75Ws are higher-rated G12H-30s.

Confusing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Well nice. 
    Hmmm, I'm rubbish at describing things like that....and I changed amps at the same time I got the Creambacks...so not ideal. I do like them though!
    Haha no worries :D
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    picking my new zilla up later today :-)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    That looks very classy, lovely.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.