Lol-ing the OP in FS threads

What's Hot
BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 636
I've seen this around for a while but it's an ever increasing thing. I've kinda picked up this is what people do when they think the price is far too high. What's people's take on this? Trolling, or flagging up maybe not a great deal to others?
15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There are many legitimate reasons for hitting LOL on a classifieds post - I've been known to do it occasionally when someone on here who I know well is selling something that they'd fallen in love with when they bought it a week earlier, for example.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    There are many legitimate reasons for hitting LOL on a classifieds post - I've been known to do it occasionally when someone on here who I know well is selling something that they'd fallen in love with when they bought it a week earlier, for example.
    *cough* @Gassage *cough*

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    We needs to be able to give multiple frets.
    plemty of things are lollingly wisdomous or wowingly lolful.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    There's one currently with multiple lols. The guy has two posts both the ad and an amendment. It's written like a gumtree ad explaining what it is (to a guitar forum). It's probably a cut and paste. There's no pictures. There's no specifics on what variant it is. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 636
    tone1 said:
    You're right. And I don't find it as half as annoying as people not using the search function before posting a thread! :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a lot of newbies that are only here for the classifieds and have never contributed anything else to the forum.

A high percentage of these are also dreamers/chancers asking ridiculous money for what they're selling 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • + a bit of usability feedback .. on mobile is very easy to hit the icons by chance .. not sure if you can un-lol something once it's done? I've found myself doing that a couple of times!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    cbellanga said:
    + a bit of usability feedback .. on mobile is very easy to hit the icons by chance .. not sure if you can un-lol something once it's done? I've found myself doing that a couple of times!
    I actually just LOL'ed this post by accident. The irony being that I came here to say that I do that quite frequently by accident when browsing the forum on my phone !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellanga said:
    not sure if you can un-lol something once it's done? 
    You can, once you've reloaded the page. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited February 2017
    cbellanga said:
    not sure if you can un-lol something once it's done? 
    You can, once you've reloaded the page. 
    i love the concept of the 'un-lol'. the idea of taking back a lol.

like when you have a shitty break-up with someone & as a hurtful weapon of last resort they scream at you '... and i never really loved you!'.

now when we have rows on fretboard we can go back over old threads & un-lol all the jokes of people we suddenly hate, to fully indulge our flounce;

'... and i never found you funny!!'
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    or wise...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    or wow.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    edited February 2017
    DrBob said:
    cbellanga said:
    + a bit of usability feedback .. on mobile is very easy to hit the icons by chance .. not sure if you can un-lol something once it's done? I've found myself doing that a couple of times!
    I actually just LOL'ed this post by accident. The irony being that I came here to say that I do that quite frequently by accident when browsing the forum on my phone !
    Yep I do that quite a lot when browsing on my phone. Usually refresh and fix it tho. 
  • In the last year id estimate ive accidently 'fretted' about 20 people. Didnt realise you can reverse it.

• Bring back the facepalm
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2017
    Bring back the facepalm
    is it no longer acceptable forum currency? i faceplamed only yesterday in offtopic.
    maybe i'm losing it. senile in my 30s. i need cats, i must have more cats!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2149
    There's a lot of newbies that are only here for the classifieds and have never contributed anything else to the forum.

A high percentage of these are also dreamers/chancers asking ridiculous money for what they're selling 
    I think this is a nonsense comment.

All content is good content - I never would have come across half the stuff I know without people posting classifieds.

If you don't like the price their asking then scroll on by. Different people, different circumstances and we all want we want and (eventually) compromise accordingly.

There's a high percentage of low ballers/cheapskates plaguing the market too.

Sorry to rant, but it's a tiring read that comes up far too often.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8104
    I think I only remember that those features exist about 5% of the time - I honestly couldn't tell you of any of my posts have evr had LOLs, Wows etc - I never look at it. Just ignore it and get on with things :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Seems like a desperate way to get your fret rate up.

On an unrelated matter, I shall be listing some gear at outlandish prices in the coming weeks.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom