Who has found "the one"?

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
edited February 2017 in Guitar
Jimmy Page has his number one, Rory had his strat, Billy has pearly gates and Danny Gatton had his tele. 

How many people on here have one guitar that they use more often than not? It seems that a lot of guitars change hands quickly here. 

Personally ive got my Sheraton that I've played, recorded and gigged for the last 10 years. It's not my only guitar but it is my go to guitar.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    K Line Truxton, absolutely love it like no other i have had.................to date
  • I don't believe in the one. I believe in lots.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • I have, both acoustic and electric. My keeper electric is my '62 strat, getting it was a hard slog but by god does it repay me in playability and sound:
    https://i.imgur.com/5I9FPyM.jpg
    and the best acoustic I have owned:
    https://i.imgur.com/Q2EhC5B.jpg
    Its a Mossman Great Plains, sounds like a grand piano and intonates flawlessly.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Yup. I've only player one guitar for the past 14 months now. Built it myself. I'm hoping my new build will challenge it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Yeah, it's on a Foo Fighters b-side.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2149
    edited March 2017
    I have a Main Guitar and a Favourite (Luxury) Guitar

My Main Guitar is usually an uber versatile HSH Superstrat or ES335, whereas my Favourite Guitar is usually a single p'up tone monster, like a Pre-Pro Charvel or P90 Les Paul

I've had over 50 Guitars now and I would like to have 3 Guitars and a Bass, but I can't have that at this point in time and need to go back to 1 Guitar for now - Indifferent as to which I keep.

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2537
    Mine is a 2004 Honeyburst Les Paul Standard. I've wanted a Les Paul since I was a kid and only managed to buy one a couple of years ago, it's going nowhere, I love it! The only thing I'm going to change is the pickups, I have a set of OX4's to go in it when I pull my finger out!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    I have several guitars but my #1 is unquestionably my CS336. Just fantastic. Really easy to play, super comfy on a strap and sounds amazing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Squier Classic Vibe Tele. Othet guitars come and go but it stays there resolute on its stand, never complaining, knowing when the honeymoon wears off with my new squeeze It will always be the one I grab when I need some inspiration. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

My Mexican Strat.

The Gretsch I bought last year is great, don't get me wrong, but given the choice of only one........

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    I really can't see my Paul's Guitar going anywhere or feeling tired; I've only had it 8 months, but every time I pick it up it just feels right.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    edited March 2017
    Until my Musicman Majesty "beds in" I still keep going for my JP7 in Mystic Dream, that neck !  OMG 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    Mine's the lightweight Jaden Rose Tele I took to the show. It just feels right for me, as well as being light enough that it doesn't bother my back, and sounds sublime.
    <space for hire>
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    My Maison 335 copy.. Solid Maple back, sides and front (no laminate), mahogany toneblock and neck.... Now with bone nut, schaller stm bridge, schaller classic 16:1 pegs and Deacci pickups + good quality electrics....  Ok of I could afford a real dot or LP Signature it may be different but I don't think that will ever happen...   Now had the maison since I was 17ish so that's 25yr I've had it though for long time in middle I didn't play at all (lucky it was a birthday pressy from grandparents or woulda got sold years ago cos wasn't playing :)
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Barring an influx of surplus cash and a lot of luck in finding a vintage Jaguar it has to be my Fender AV65 in Sonic blue.  The guitar I have wanted since the 90s. It just feels right :) 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    My Gretsch CS Annie is my number one.  All others are just guitars.  

....um.... except maybe for my ES195, I really like that....and my tele, that's lovely..,,,and my Corvettes...
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    My 1960....lush as fuck

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Had the same acoustic for 10+ years now.
  • My MIM Road Worn Tele. I can play almost everything I ever need to on it. Its totally stock other than a Dimarzio Twang King in the neck. 

I still think the Road Worns are some of the best guitars Fender has produced, regardless of price. The earlier style won't be for some however.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    My Gibson Explorer. As a guitar, it's wholly average - even has a tool mark on the fretboard - though the body is very resonant - you can feel it vibrating when you strum. But it's mine, I've done hundreds of gigs with it, wrote songs on it, recorded with it, it does what I needed to.