Who has found "the one"?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    It just depends on my mood, but my SG Standard is probably the most comfortable guitar I have.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My MIM Road Worn Tele. I can play almost everything I ever need to on it. Its totally stock other than a Dimarzio Twang King in the neck. 

I still think the Road Worns are some of the best guitars Fender has produced, regardless of price. The earlier style won't be for some however.
    Shameless plug - And I have one for sale in the classifieds if anybody is interested. 2016 model too ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Keep banging on about this but it's my K-Line Springfield, three years old but it has that lovely worn in feel, it has one of the best necks I've ever played.

http://i.imgur.com/2xVYcjY.jpg
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    It'd gotta be my jap jackson, sounds brilliant and feels lovely. 
    But really I can't live without my guild 66 f20, can we have one of both?............. 

Oh and the bass can't forget the bass! 

http://i.imgur.com/XTB26io.jpg
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    edited March 2017
    Uh, could be this one. 

but it could also be this one.... probably is this one.... but who knows?

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    Yep - found this one.

• musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1810
    edited March 2017
    It's a hard question I guess if you have more than one guitar but I'm going with this as I feel very honoured to own it. 
    http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg571/davidmountain1981/Mobile Uploads/2016-06/3A3326F9-8F34-4D00-A84C-C8A4F11CE17A_zps1ctj5sjm.jpg
    imo it's the best Gretsch I've ever played, But it's not actually a Gretsch.
    its hand make by Jim English in California.

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    It really depends on the band or project. In my old band from 10 years ago. My Kotzen Tele just seemed to work instinctively well. Especially as the other guitarist had a Les Paul. That was my main guitar for 11 years. But then with the last band I was in I was the only guitarist.  The PRS Custom 24 Floyd seemed the best guitar live. My Stolen 22 was used to record demos. So it varies.

At the moment Im not in a band & I play my Strat the most at home.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Mine is a 2003 Fender Stratosonic.

It's about as un-Strat as a Strat-shaped guitar can get; chambered mahogany body, 24.75" scale length, twin humbuckers, etc ...but I bloody love it. It's the guitar I play the most and it's the one I'd save first if the house was on fire.

For the record, second would be the twin P-90 Stratosonic I also have...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    A mex tele with swapped out pickups and more chips than seagull heaven. It's certainly nothing fancy but 10 years of hard playing haven't killed it and it just seems to fit to my hands.
  • steersteer Frets: 1233
    I am like a Mormon with wives, when it comes to guitars. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    I rarely buy guitars and selling almost as rare so I have 6.
    The last guitar I bought was a used 52AVRI tele about 3 years ago and I suppose i might sell the Lite Ashe tele it was bought to replace. My 2006 ES335 I bought brand new. My Epiphone PR350E alectr accoustic I bought shop soiled in the early 80s, My 76 strat I bought used in 81 and My Aria PE1000 I bought new in 1978. I bought and sold another acoustic late 80s and also owned an Aria wildcat for a few years too around that time. i also bought and sold a washburn tele shaped acoustic thing around 1991. Thats it for guitars (omitting my first Honnor acoustic cheese grater and Woolworths audition electric guitars).
    I'm fairly confident that the guitars I've had over 20 years are keepers, still unsure about the rest.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Page and Danny Gatton certainly didn't find ' the one' either. Danny had dozens of Tele's right up to his untimely passing. I don't think it exists and if you think you've found it.....I think you haven't tried enough guitars...lol.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    It is complicated.

The Mormon with several wives may be indicating that he has not found "the one".

I would not be in any way surprised to learn that Bono has acquired several examples (of the something he craves) that are close but no cigar.

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 590
    6 years ago I was looking for a LP Traditional and must have tried about a dozen but one that was head & shoulders above the rest was at the time my least favourite burst. Still I brought it because it was so acoustically loud and resonate. It now seen off about 8 other guitars and remains 'my' no1. Not ultra flash but a perfect player!
  • I have a number 1 that I've owned since '89 (now needs a refret) but I have a few that get regular duty.

Often these things go in phases of a couple of years, so for the past 18 months I'm mostly using my JJ goldtop, but for several years before that it was a Godin xtSA, before that a MIM strat (super-light and lively at about 6 1/4lb) etc. I'll often keep a couple of interesting guitars - like a Les Paul or Washburn A20 -  to sprinkle in as 'seasoning' if I'm doing something different or the gig calls for a different sound.

I haven't had a huge turnover of guitars, probably less than 25 instruments in 40 years of playing, and although I've never been a 'one guitar only' kind of guy and it's nice to have a small variety of regular, reliable instruments, I've never wanted a new guitar every month as some seem to manage.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited March 2017
    For a while my old Pearl LP was. Was my "go to" that I knew would always sound good and play easily. Sometimes regret selling it but kinda fell out of love with LPs. Was a heavy old bugger with a thick neck. 

For now it's my SG.