Seymour Duncan P-Rails Trembucker?

HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
I'm looking at putting a Humbucker in one of my Strats but have came across these, I was wondering if anyone had any experience or recommendations? 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Great pickups, the P90 is just right, the rail and full 'bucker have a more modern tone but sound good. Really needs a on/on/on mini switch to get the best from it if it's on a Strat pickguard. Worked well with 250K pots too which is a bonus.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    I had a set and loved them, though I find it odd that most people don't use the best combination - rail and P90 in parallel. Rail on its own is pretty rubbish by comparison.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 660
    Sporky said:
    I had a set and loved them, though I find it odd that most people don't use the best combination - rail and P90 in parallel. Rail on its own is pretty rubbish by comparison.
    Totally agree that parallel is the best combination. I find series very dark sounding (and also very high output) but parallel is just right.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I like them but I just use a 3 way/3 sounds - humbucker bridge, p90 neck, both sc's Middle. I went for all combinations at first including parallel/series, but it was just too much faffing around with switching. I love the simple setup.