SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD: Partscaster Parts, Neck, Body, Hardware, Plastics, etc...

What's Hot
RoxRox Frets: 2147
edited March 2017 in Parts £
I'm starting a new Partscaster project:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/98276/decided-on-a-partscaster-project

So looking for everything as I'm starting from scratch!

Large headstock rosewood boarded neck
Strat Body ready to be stained
Black plastics
Gold hardware (tuners, bridge, knobs, etc)
Electrics (which is the last priority I guess)

I've got plenty of things to trade for parts, including:

Epi Dot 335 PRO, Washburn WI66PROE, Sterling By Musicman Sub Ray 4 Bass in Honey burst, OLP Musicman Silhouette Burgundy, VOX original blue cloth AD60, Vester Bass Maple Neck (no tuners or nut), various Metal pedals, rock on. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Some funds may be available depending on what's out there, so what do you have knocking around, FBers?
    edited March 2017
    Ooh, tough crowd.  I'll be more specific about what I need...  I am fine with worn looking hardware, etc.

Neck - sourced a neck, so okay with that at moment.

Gold Boat Jack, tarnished and worn is fine.

Strat Trem system:  I already have the claw and springs, but would prefer gold saddles.

I'm okay with either the vintage or more modern styles of saddle, fine with the rest - ie the plate being nickel or chrome.  Steel block preferred or I'll get a block separately.  Therefore I'm fine getting all these bits from different people.

If I get the block separate, I'll get the arm with it.

Black Scratchplate - S S S is always my favourite, B/W/B preferred.  Again, fine with this looking worn.

Wiring and Pickups - S S S, obvs.    At this stage, I'm fine with something just to install for testing, and replace later with better quality gubbins.

Body - still on the lookout for a strat body if there's anything around...

I'd rather keep the funds in the FB community, so what's out there? 

I still have plenty of stuff to trade too.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I have a spare test body that I could sell you mate. It needs stripped of its nitro though. 

Swamp ash body, I believe it's HSH... weighs about 1.8kg
    @lonestar - sounds promising, tell me more.  :)
    tFB Trader
    Rox said:
    @lonestar - sounds promising, tell me more.  :)
    It's a guitarbuild body that was ordered last year. It was used for light testing but I believe it was given a coat of primer then colour coat. Both nitro.

I think I also have a strat body SSS that has had a coat of surf green then black over the top. Again it's just a test body. This one might be easier stripped of its nitro. £40 delivered would be good with me as I don't need it, I can use the other one as a tester 
    Do you have pics of them @lonestar ?  Hopefully one of them will be suitable :)
    tFB Trader
    I can get you a few in the morning mate. If you're okay to sand one down you'll have a nice ash body under there :)

pm me your mobile number and I'll send you a few pictures tomorrow 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Could I express interest in whichever one @Rox doesn't want please @lonestar ? If indeeed you want to move both on ?
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    Could I express interest in whichever one @Rox doesn't want please @lonestar ? If indeeed you want to move both on ?
    Of course mate. I should add that these bodies look ridiculous right now but they would still be fine once sanded down. I think I have a 3rd body but it's probably dinged so it may not be suitable. Pm me your mobile number and or email and I'll send the pics over soon.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    I have a set of alnico v Duncan Designed single coils which actually fare pretty well,  white covers and in excellent condition, say £22 delivered? 
    And maybe still have some new gold saddles I'd chuck in. 
    Thanks @Sarge unfortunately some cheeky scamp has wiped out my funds by flashing strat bodies at me...

Blame @lonestar :D

If I get any more funds sharpish, I'll definitely be interested.  Unless I have any bits and bobs to trade you'd be interested in...
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    lonestar said:
    DrBob said:
    Of course mate. I should add that these bodies look ridiculous right now but they would still be fine once sanded down. I think I have a 3rd body but it's probably dinged so it may not be suitable. Pm me your mobile number and or email and I'll send the pics over soon.
    Please do tell me more about the dinged one :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

tFB Trader
    dchwhite said:
    lonestar said:
    DrBob said:
    Well... it would appear @Rox will have his hands busy with the bodies in question!

That leaves everyone else with the option of a lovely nitro lacquered body finished to spec by me ;) Unfortunately I'm all tapped out of test bodies 
    Not really after anything just now, arthritis is playing havoc with my guitar time recently. 
    Looking to offload stuff I've stopped using mainly. 
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    lonestar said:
    dchwhite said:
    lonestar said:
    DrBob said:
    Well... it would appear @Rox will have his hands busy with the bodies in question!

That leaves everyone else with the option of a lovely nitro lacquered body finished to spec by me ;) Unfortunately I'm all tapped out of test bodies 
    Ha, he's taken all three?! Good work that man :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

tFB Trader
    dchwhite said:
    lonestar said:
    dchwhite said:
    lonestar said:
    DrBob said:

Ha, he's taken all three?! Good work that man :)
    Greedy sod, isn't he? ;)
    @dchwhite - I don't have a problem, honest!

But the drawback to starting a project is that you end up seeing other guitars and want to build them too...  :(

I'm really looking forward to getting started!
    @Sarge - sorry to hear about the arthritis :(
  • FellixFellix Frets: 27
    Hi there, I have a Fender TBX tone boost pot if you're interested? They are normally wired for the bridge and Fender originally installed them on the Strat Plus series from '87 to '96. 

I'm happy to send it to you for free. I had built my own Strat Plus replica before finally getting my dream Strat Plus Deluxe last year. I find they really give the guitar more of a rounded tone to the bridge position.
    2014 Fender Strat Plus Replica in Lake Placid Blue /1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Strat in Candy Apple Red /1993 Fender American Stratocaster Plus Deluxe in Blue Burst /Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x 100w head with Victory Silverback Vintage 30 Loaded 4 x 12 Official Boss Pedal Addict - TU-3 , OD-1, DD-2 , DC-3, PS-1, RB-5, DS-1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom