Bad Monkey has Arrived

What's Hot
asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
Hi Guys

The Bad Monkey overdrive Pedal arrived this morning,Saturday.

I would just like to say a big Thank You to everyone who recommended this pedal
it even makes my clean sounds much better,and the OD stuff is exactly what i wanted.

Having the Tone Controls makes it much better to get the sound you want,and much better than just the Tone
control on the Blues Driver.

Alan

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Congrats on the purchase!  

You will not be disappointed

now go play!   :)

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

A favourite pedal of mine. I use it as a front-of-dirty-amp boost, but it is good into a clean valve amp.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    edited February 2014
    This has been said before, but I honestly think that if you cloned the Bad Monkey circuit exactly, put it in a hand-painted casing and charged $300 for it, the boutique pedal fanciers would be raving about it. It wouldn't surprise me if that's already been done… :)

It's actually too smooth for my taste, but perfect if you're after that sort of high-quality sound for very little money.

@asimmd - have you tried the Mixer output direct into your recording set-up as well, or is that going through the Blackstar?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Not tried it into the Interface yet. My trial this morning was going through the Blackstar,but I will try the pedal into interface Next time. Alan
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7203
    Nice small footprint pedals, tidy solid construction and well priced. Oh and they sound good as well!

I like my Klon, but its huge and if it gets nicked I couldn't buy another one. So the  Bad Monkey is now my drive of choice for gigs.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Sweet :D
    ICBM said:
    This has been said before, but I honestly think that if you cloned the Bad Monkey circuit exactly, put it in a hand-painted casing and charged $300 for it, the boutique pedal fanciers would be raving about it. It wouldn't surprise me if that's already been done… :)
    I'm not sure. From what I can remember from the schematic, its circuit is slightly more involved than a TS (the active bass knob), there are easier ways to add back in the bass using just a switch as RG Keen suggests on the Geofex site :))
  • From what I understand, it's more akin to a Dod Juice Box than a TS. There's a discussion about it here http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/digitech-bad-monkey-bufferless.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Just tried it direct into the interface.

Sounds just as good,nice slightly compressed sound,i used both outputs but i prefer 
    the Mixer out.

Perhaps i will learn more when i read the instructions but for the price i can't fault it.