Am I just getting grouchy in my old age?

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
edited March 2017 in Help & Feedback
The Fretboard has a large community and the board is very well designed with different sections.  Yet there are posts that do still seem to find themselves in the wrong place. For example, and this is just a few I've seen recently,  seeking advice on a beaten-up D18 acoustic, asking for a referal to an acoustic luthier, & seeking advice on a Gypsy jazz acoustic - all posts of which surely should go into the acoustic section?  There are other posts on reading music etc that perhaps ought to be in the 'theory' section etc, and posts on effects in the amp sections etc.  

To be fair these are in the minority & most posts are relevant to the section they are in. I know that the guitar section is the biggest and the most seen and that this reason has been floated previously, but surely the point of having such a well designed board is that posters should try wherever possible to place posts in the area of appropriateness.

Maybe I'm just turning into a miserable old git & so fully expect to get castigated for flagging this and being labelled a 'Victor Meldew'  - and I know its not important in the scheme of things - but am I really being unreasonable in humbly asking folk to please try & post in the right sections please?  

(BTW, I did try & find a more relevant home for this post but couldn't immediately see one - so please move it if I missed it!)
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4792
    edited March 2017
    No. You're not being grouchy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Shouldn't this thread be in Help & Feedback?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Stuckfast said:
    I was thinking that but honestly wasn't sure - as I mentioned, please move it there if that's the best place!
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Mods...move to parody?
    Voxman said:
    Stuckfast said:
    I was thinking that but honestly wasn't sure - as I mentioned, please move it there if that's the best place!
    I just moved it there!
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Must be a quiet day chez voxman?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I don't believe it!
    jellyroll said:
    LOL!  As I said, I expected to get castigated! 
    I don't believe it!
    Nor me! lol
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Voxman said:
    jellyroll said:
    LOL!  As I said, I expected to get castigated! 
    What? For suggesting that people post in the right sub-forum? Like, as per the rules?

Yeah, you probably will then.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26620
    edited March 2017
    Answer: Not as grouchy as the modmins

Anyway, if you see posts in the wrong section, just flag 'em and we'll get them moved. It's one of the less-onerous things we have to do, so somebody should be along soon to sort it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27598
    Voxman said:
    the board is very well designed
    You've got my vote.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    Yeah just flag stuff and we will move it
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I think a lot of people don't get much response in other areas so they just use guitar as it's the most frequented. I know I have seen this happen when trying to put posts in the right place, only to get very little chat or views. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    I think you are being grouchy @Voxman - but you're right - nothing more annoying than something in the wrong section. Or starting a thread on some news item when there are already some others on the same topic. Or posting that your Squire Affinity which you rescued from a skip is better that your mate's Master Built CS guitar.

I could go on....
    .. Or posting that your Squire Affinity which you rescued from a skip is better that your mate's Master Built CS guitar.

Unlikely to be true I suspect - but 'better' from the perspective it was free I suppose!! D
    Vaiai said:
    I think a lot of people don't get much response in other areas so they just use guitar as it's the most frequented. I know I have seen this happen when trying to put posts in the right place, only to get very little chat or views. 
    Yeah, I did mention that in my OP...but it really shouldn't be used like that - otherwise why bother having all the other sections? 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    You are definitely grumpy. Grumpy as hell.

Take my mantle, everyone always calls me grumpy.
    axisus said:
    You are definitely grumpy. Grumpy as hell.

Take my mantle, everyone always calls me grumpy.
    ...are you calling me grumpy? lol

Image result for victor meldrew i dont believe it
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    edited March 2017
    Some of it might not be deliberate. If you start a thread via the mobile site it's fairly easy to put a post in the wrong section. The section part is in a pull down menu and it's simple to either not notice or pick the wrong section by mistake.