Undo accidental quotes and lol's?

What's Hot
Occasionally when using my thumb to skim through threads on my phone I accidentally touch a Quote or LOL. How can I then undo them? Unintentional quotes get automatically saved as drafts that I can't find a way of deleting and accidental LOLs can be embarrassing. So how do I get rid of them?
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    refresh page a click the LOL again will get rid of it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited March 2017
    What he said for the accidental Lols /\

For the drafts you might need to be on the full site. Go into drafts and hover over the text, a small black cross appears over towards the right hand side, click that to delete it. You have to do it one by one.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    sgosden said:
    refresh page a click the LOL again will get rid of it

Thanks for that mate. Easy when you know how.

I just tried the same technique on an accidental quote and got a double quote :( So how do I undo and then delete the draft post?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    This may not be the most efficient way of deleting drafts but it works...

on the full site on the left it says My Drafts. Click on that, click on the draft you want to delete, it takes you to it, click back page and an X appears which you click to delete it.

Used to be simpler, seems to have got worse with updates but still only takes a couple of seconds. However, drafts can live there for ever so as long as you haven't posted it you don't really need to bother. 

You can edit (via the black cog) a posted comment but you can't delete the post entirely, you have to (IIIRC) leave one character even if you delete all the rest of the content. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Thanks @not_the_dj and @EricTheWeary. That's helpful. I can't seem to access the full site on my mobile so I'll have to remember to do that on the pc at home.

Not being able to fully delete an accidental post explains those weird posts that consist of one dot. Why can't they just be deleted if not intended??

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Jimbro66 said:

Thanks @not_the_dj and @EricTheWeary. That's helpful. I can't seem to access the full site on my mobile so I'll have to remember to do that on the pc at home.

Not being able to fully delete an accidental post explains those weird posts that consist of one dot. Why can't they just be deleted if not intended??

Only the mods can delete them completely. Not sure why, just a quirk of the system I guess - although to some extent it stops people going back so they can deny involvement in a Discussion even if they delete the contents. If we had a subsection on How to Flounce that would all be explained in there.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I just lolled all you fuckers.
    edited March 2017
    octatonic said:
    I just lolled all you fuckers.

Now that's really clumsy thumb technique D But gratuitous frets are always welcome.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom