Frustrating afternoon in Denmark Street

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5212
    edited March 2017
    rlw said:
    Yamaha apx500 -that sort of thing are we talking about here - or am I missing the point entirely?

That's not going to be terribly rewarding from a tonal POV though, even if it is easy to sit & play.
    No it isn't. Tonal POS would be more like it. Ack.

Those things are like the colostomy bag of the guitar world- they exist to meet a real need, but that doesn't mean you have to like them, or that you'd have one by choice.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73009
    rlw said:
    Taylor T5 is perfect but so far over budget...

oh well.
    There are some far-east 'copies' of these - they're more visual copies in that that they use conventional magnetic and piezo pickups, but a couple I've played have been quite good.

There's also the Yamaha AEX500, which is similar in having both types of pickup but is a bit more jazzy rather than 'acoustic'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4758
    ICBM said:
    rlw said:
    Taylor T5 is perfect but so far over budget...

oh well.
    There are some far-east 'copies' of these - they're more visual copies in that that they use conventional magnetic and piezo pickups, but a couple I've played have been quite good.

There's also the Yamaha AEX500, which is similar in having both types of pickup but is a bit more jazzy rather than 'acoustic'.
    I spotted some hen's teeth while looking AEX500s......................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom