SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Mesa Nomad 45 4x10 Price drop

CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
edited February 2014 in Amps £
The clue is in the title.

Mesa Nomad 45.  Three footswitchable channels plus a revoicing switch on the back.

Independent reverb control for each channel.  Footswitchable reverb and boost.  Boost level can be preset.  Incredibly versatile amp, in great overall condition.  One nick in the tolex next to the on-switch., and a couple of minor ticks on one side (I think).

Reviews on these amps vary.  Whilst most are very positive, some refer to the known problems.  There were two problems with these amps, the problems being well-documented.

One was the pots and one was the footswitch cable being poor and causing phantom channel switching as the internal cables broke.

My amp has had a full re-pot with Mesa-provided aftermarket replacements, and has a new footswitch cable (it's about a mile long!).

Anyone who has heard one of these amps knows how good they sound.  I have used it for ten years as a studio amp.  I recently revalved it as well, as a precursor to using it out and about, but after carrying it to one gig, I realised I am no longer the Hercules I used to be.  I therefore bought a grab and go amp (two rock studio pro 35) which is perfect both at home and out and about.

Pictures below.

imageimage

Photobucket slideshow here

The nice man at Electro Music Doncaster suggested £1295 for this.  I am a realist and, having researched prices on the Bay of Biscay, I am open to offers and trades at values of around £800. 

I don't have to move this on, so a couple more bumps and if it doesn't go quickly it will remain in Electro until some lucky person realises how good it is.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited February 2014
    Bump.  Trades for nice guitars, amps or FX.

Thin-ish necks. Think wide-thin or wide-fat at most.  No pointies, I'm afraid.  HSS is good.  Possibly a Music Man. Balancing cash either way but don't really want to as I'm looking to get some FX to perfect my rig, so my GAS fund is (probably) accounted for.

Amps - lighter than the Mesa, possibly something vox-flavoured.  I'm really sorted for amps with my Studio Pro 35 and Hurricane, but I do like amps, so maybe if it's a specially nice thing I'd have a look.
  • Bump. This is truly one of the best sounding amps I have ever heard.  I chose it over a Lone Star special.
  • Bump.

An audio demo here:

Video here - start at 3:30 for the actual sounds:

edited February 2014
    One bloke I know uses the exact model as his demo amp for a boutique guitar shop in Derbyshire, and he has a wall full of Andersons, PRS, Haar and other models.
  • Bump - the price is negotiable.  Trades are welcome, come on in and browse.
  • Boink.
  • carlbcarlb Frets: 0
    roughly where are you please?
  • Hi.  I'm in Doncaster.
  • Bump for the weekend, sir?
  • Bumping this very nice amp.
  • Am I overpricing this?
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Rules #1 and #7 are fairly clear about this.  BUT, and most respectfully, I haven't seen Nomads at this kind of price.  The prices are obviously incremental for the various power ratings with the 45 at the lower end.  At one time 45 1x12's (and obviously this is the 4x10) were in the £500-600 mark, with the 55's about £100-150 more and the 100's the same again over the 55's. They do seem to have gone up a bit recently for some reason. It might be a tad rich, bit it is your amp, you know what you have in it and it has to be a price that you are comfortable with.  If I have overstepped the mark I apologise, absolutely no disrespect or offence intended.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    Just to add to the comments on versatility - it can do everything Chugga Metal, to C&W - the perfect Cover Band amp.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited February 2014
    Richardj said:
    Rules #1 and #7 are fairly clear about this.  BUT, and most respectfully, I haven't seen Nomads at this kind of price.  The prices are obviously incremental for the various power ratings with the 45 at the lower end.  At one time 45 1x12's (and obviously this is the 4x10) were in the £500-600 mark, with the 55's about £100-150 more and the 100's the same again over the 55's. They do seem to have gone up a bit recently for some reason. It might be a tad rich, bit it is your amp, you know what you have in it and it has to be a price that you are comfortable with.  If I have overstepped the mark I apologise, absolutely no disrespect or offence intended.
    I invited the comment, and I am grateful for it.Thank you for the feedback.

You cannot possibly have breached rule #1.  As for the other rule, I invited the comment.  I think the rules are there to protect those who have a fixed price in mind, and don't want their stuff criticised, and that is a good thing.

I love the amp, and am still in two minds about it going, but although it is a good specimen of the breed, I don't think it was one that the Gods of Olympus breathed on especially, and it wasn't played by Jimi Hendrix, (although I think his spirit may have looked down upon it at some point, which obviously adds value).

That said, offers for trade and price invited.  The worst I can do is say no.
  • Bumping for those Saturday night covers band musos.  Seriously good amp at a decent price.
  • "Forgot to bump this" bump.
  • Boing - before downtime bump.
    Final bump before not bumping it again.