SRV... What a pro

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Yeah like the bb king clip, he restrings it one handed while continuing to sing the song... Quick tweak on tuning and straight into next song.  Christ I find it hard with two bloody hands hahahaha 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    I used to listen to him a lot back when so certainly have an appreciation of his talent, but I can't really listen to him these days. I like it when he steps out of his comfort zone, stuff like couldn't stand the weather, but the boogie woogie 80's blues (a la the first clip) just hasn't stood the test of time for me.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    yeah but can he do this?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    I used to listen to him a lot back when so certainly have an appreciation of his talent, but I can't really listen to him these days. I like it when he steps out of his comfort zone, stuff like couldn't stand the weather

Love that tune..  The main riff is so funky...   He does it live almost exactly how it sounds on  the record too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That first one is brilliant, but...there's something hinky about the audio when he gets the new guitar - you hear him go back into the 12-bar two beats before he (visually) starts playing.
    I thought that was just me, listened a few times and came to the same conclusion. Glad i am not on my own
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    That first one is brilliant, but...there's something hinky about the audio when he gets the new guitar - you hear him go back into the 12-bar two beats before he (visually) starts playing.
    I thought that was just me, listened a few times and came to the same conclusion. Glad i am not on my own
    It was part of the 'Austin city limits' TV show not a regular gig, so could well have had a bit of post production tweeking. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    Title of this thread leads me straight to this soundcheck video from Jan 86 - SRV has just rolled out of bed, pretty bleary-eyed from presumably a heavy night the day before. He plugs in, and at 3:24 launches into a gut-wrenching rendition of Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love, complete with finger-shredding blistering guitar solo at about 7:00

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The tone on the first video is awesome, less so the second though - wonder what changed?

Brilliant player though. I don't know why I bother trying :)