Anybody else noticing the prices creeping up?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• valevale Frets: 1052
    edited March 2017
    I think they thought "oh-oh, these are flying out the door,maybe they're too cheap"
    totally. or squier jazzmasters have entered the toblerone zone (affinty for vm) & vms being run down.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TCatTCat Frets: 26
    I'm certain the retailers do have problems with exchange rates, but it doesn't help when they are so quick to exaggerate the issue so they can use it to fatten their margin aspirations. I should have got in sooner for my keeley workstation.............when I started looking, not that long ago, it was £239...................now its £299...........gutted !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    edited March 2017
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Yeah. If I didn't live here already I wouldn't pick it, kind of thing.

And yeah I strongly suspect that's true, it seems to be a lot more egalitarian here. We don't seem to really have an upper class like England does. I've not really been to any of the rougher bits in England but I sort of suspect that's true as well.
    what great about NI is that someone with a basic factory job can (or could) build themselves a lovely massive bungalow in the sticks. The quality of life can be great. The house my wife's cousin built for £300k was amazing, would cost £3m+ anywhere similar near me in England

I wish people could just build one-off houses in fields in England, and spread people out more 
    Yeah but then you have to live out in the sticks. And it's also a ton of bother I think.

Also £300k still sounds very expensive to someone who remembers what prices were before the boom. D

Plus even now you could buy a detached house in a town for maybe £150k. Maybe a little less.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12076
    Dave_Mc said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Yeah. If I didn't live here already I wouldn't pick it, kind of thing.

And yeah I strongly suspect that's true, it seems to be a lot more egalitarian here. We don't seem to really have an upper class like England does. I've not really been to any of the rougher bits in England but I sort of suspect that's true as well.
    what great about NI is that someone with a basic factory job can (or could) build themselves a lovely massive bungalow in the sticks. The quality of life can be great. The house my wife's cousin built for £300k was amazing, would cost £3m+ anywhere similar near me in England

I wish people could just build one-off houses in fields in England, and spread people out more 
    Yeah but then you have to live out in the sticks. And it's also a ton of bother I think.

Also £300k still sounds very expensive to someone who remembers what prices were before the boom. D

Plus even now you could buy a detached house in a town for maybe £150k. Maybe a little less.
    the £300k house had 2 staircases, an external 2 storey granny annex the size of a semi
    the living room was the size and height of a 3 bed detached house, and the corridor to the kitchen was the size of a large living room. The kitchen was so big, it was too far to walk to the central island from the cooker really, and the utility room was the size of a living room again. It's amazing what you can build if you can get planning permission, and have £300k cash, this was about 10 years ago btw,  but build costs are not much different now
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Ah right yeah that's a lot bigger than I was talking about for £150k :D I was talking more a standard 4-bedroom house with 2 living rooms.

That sounds pretty awesome :D
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12295
    Has anyone tried one of the new Squier Bullet offsets?

They seem to be going for £120 which if they are even half-decent is staggering value?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • valevale Frets: 1052

They seem to be going for £120 which if they are even half-decent is staggering value?
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/96052/ngd-squier-bullet-mustang#latest

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12295
    vale said:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/96052/ngd-squier-bullet-mustang#latest

Still definitely bargains to be had out there then...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    My local chippy has raised the price of a small portion of chips by 20p recently - a 13.3% increase! 

Last time I was in, he told me he'd just ordered a Private Stock PRS - so at least he's supporting the guitar trade....
    that sounds a bit fishy at 13.3% - I bet the increase on his new local business rates will batter his profits
    Chip shop puns! Can't believe no one has curried on with these.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14685
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    My local chippy has raised the price of a small portion of chips by 20p recently - a 13.3% increase! 

Last time I was in, he told me he'd just ordered a Private Stock PRS - so at least he's supporting the guitar trade....
    that sounds a bit fishy at 13.3% - I bet the increase on his new local business rates will batter his profits
    is this the right plaice for such puns
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:

Looks like some have Haddock-nough of them but i've got time to fritter away...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    miserneil said:

Who LOLed this?  It's less funny than Ricky Gervais.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12999
    crunchman said:
    miserneil said:

Who LOLed this?  It's less funny than Ricky Gervais.

Maybe you should batter them.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    For fuck's hake...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom