• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    edited February 2014
    Check on the metal gigs website

http://www.metalgigs.co.uk/event/index

Neat. Clutch!
    :)
    On a tuesday?
    :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    It's Lombardo I'd miss, personally.

Although Lombardo is a good drummer, I think I prefer Paul Bostaph's drumming. I've seen with both and thought they were tighter with Bostaph.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Oooh yes, Clutch are good!

• My friends band are playing with Conan in Birmingham in March I think but that is Doom/Black Metal stuff, not sure what the actually show will be like in terms of lights etc etc. However if you like Doom metal it is worth going to.
    Old Is Gold
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
    edited February 2014
    Bands I can recommend are Trivium and Rise to Remain (though they don't seem to be doing much...).  Also, Protest the Hero are around... I saw them in Brighton the other day and they were awesome.  I'm seeing them again in London on Friday.  WORTH IT.

They were supported by some good bands, though.  Tesseract were a proggy, doomy band but played and sounded great.  The Safety Fire were also good, I've seen them about a dozen times now, always supporting!  Ghost were a laugh - I can't listen to them, but love watching them because it's so... Crazy.  Very much a performance, and a good one.

Otherwise, a Download day ticket is a great Idea.  Don't let the kids go to Steel Panther though ;) bubz everywhere. 
  • Oh, ear plugs are a must.  I didn't bother with Trivium and Killswitch Engage the other day, and my ear was ringing all day yesterday.  Silly, really, you only get one set of ears.  No permanent damage, this time...