After 2 weeks ...

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27736

It's currently 07:52 on Saturday morning, so we've not been "open" for quite 2 weeks yet ... but the situation after almost-2-weeks is that we have ...

(imagine a drum roll of your choice here)

.... 485 users, who have posted ....

.... 13,243 comments, from

.... 366,767 page views.

There have also been 116 attempted spam merchants who have tried to sign up, but I think we've managed to shoot most (if not all) of those at the gates.  Long may that continue.

Actually, all of the stats are as of midnight last night, so by the time we're actually 2 weeks old, the numbers will be a little bit higher still.

Ladies and gentlemen ... we have ourselves a successful forum.  Long may it continue.  :)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good job you salty sea dogs
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    T'is a good place to be........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
    Outstanding job. Very well done guys!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Good work :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• I have to say (as I haven't yet said it) the quality of this forum is simply unsurpassed. It's far more functional not just than MR (who?) but pretty much any other forum I've ever used.

The mobile version where I do most of my viewing is just brilliant.

Thank you to the whole team who put this thing together and made it look so bloody good

I think MR is dead in the water now even if it did re-appear. I see no reason for any of us to return
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10818
    tFB Trader
    Do we have any idea about the levels of 'new blood'? We need to generate regular new signups to keep topics fresh. I'm happy to donate a very special pickup to be sold/given away as a prize if that'll help. I am approaching building my 500th Tele bridge pickup ... I'd happily make it a forum give away if that would help. If anyone knows anyone involved in the plating industry we could get the baseplate silver plated ... or specially engraved or something.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
    Do we have any idea about the levels of 'new blood'? We need to generate regular new signups to keep topics fresh. I'm happy to donate a very special pickup to be sold/given away as a prize if that'll help.

Good, valid question and a generous offer - thanks Ash.

To date, I think the majority of membership has come from MR, via TEmpFab's place.  Probably 80%+.  Some of those will be people who'd faded away from MR in recent months, but have been tempted back by the new-ness of theFB.

We wanted to make sure that this place "worked" before really pushing it for new members, that we had enough server space, that performance was OK, etc.  I think we've cleared those hurdles now.

So we can start to think about where to find new members.  We have FB & Twitter feeds going now - though those will take time to build a critical mass.  We want to avoid taking advertising, but we might offer some "deal of the week" promotions from retailers who gives us a prominent plug on their www sites. 

All ideas for raising profile/awareness of theFB and getting a regular stream of new members are welcomed ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72740
    edited August 2013
    I have to say (as I haven't yet said it) the quality of this forum is simply unsurpassed. It's far more functional not just than MR (who?) but pretty much any other forum I've ever used.

Thank you to the whole team who put this thing together and made it look so bloody good

I think MR is dead in the water now even if it did re-appear. I see no reason for any of us to return
    No need for me to say any more, for once!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8788
    ICBM said:
    No need for me to say any more, for once!

that's a "me too"
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I have to say (as I haven't yet said it) the quality of this forum is simply unsurpassed. It's far more functional not just than MR (who?) but pretty much any other forum I've ever used.

^ Spot on ^
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 353
    Just to add my thanks to the pioneers that set this up - you did an excellent job from a standing start. I didn't like the layout at first, but I've changed my mind completely - everything just works, and it's so easy to use.

I think there's a "critical mass" here now that can only grow and grow as word spreads.

"If you build it they will come"
  • Four words "well done and thanks"
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    All I can do is agree with everybody else. Well done!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    TTony said:

There have also been 116 attempted spam merchants who have tried to sign up, but I think we've managed to shoot most (if not all) of those at the gates. 

I'm actually just lulling you into a false sense of security.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Superb jobs guys - TYVM!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Great job all round, the forum looks and functions much better that MR, and it is plenty lively enough with a good balance of guitar and off topic chat, good humour, and strong debate. Well done to those involved in the set up.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Nice one guys. But imagine how many it could have been if you went with "honrewandpals" as the name? You still have my permission to use it.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449
    I'll add my thanks to all the clever bods who put this place together. Jolly good job chaps. :)