Picasa / Google Photos and posting photos here

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27636
I've given up trying to get my pics on Picasa / Google Photos to post on here.

In the original days of Picasa, everything worked simply and smoothly.  Since Google canned Picasa and migrated everyone to Google Photos, embedding pics here has been impossible from that source - and all the old links broke too.

But I stuck with Google Photos - until this morning - for 2 reasons.  First was the (in vain) hope that Google would actually get it sorted out.  Second was that I dreaded moving all my photos across to another service.

I've just moved across to Flickr.  Thanks to cloudsfer the process was absolutely painless.  It's a cloud-to-cloud migration service that's free for up to 5Gb of content.  It doesn't support *every* cloud service, but it does support Google Photos and Flickr.  Hence my choice of Flickr as my new image host.

:)
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    There is a way of posting from Google Photos, but its lengthy, and doesn't work from an iPad. Google have also prevented printing from gmail. I wonder whether they've lost sight of their user base.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited March 2017
    You can embed Google Photos on here but you have to edit the raw HTML of the post to do it - you can't just paste the URL into the image icon popup.

Otherwise agree - the usability of Google Photos is atrocious
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Another workaround for google photos is to add ?.jpg at the end of the long image url
    (question mark, full stop, jpg)
    So select the image in the album, right click on it and select "view image", copy and paste the url from the address bar into the image attach box and add ?.jpg to the end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Another workaround for google photos is to add ?.jpg at the end of the long image url
    (question mark, full stop, jpg)
    So select the image in the album, right click on it and select "view image", copy and paste the url from the address bar into the image attach box and add ?.jpg to the end.
    Cheers, Gavin. That's a good tip.