Looking for a price check on a Gibson ES335 Yamano?

What's Hot
DanDan Frets: 453
Hi Guys,

Looking at the possibility of selling my 2001 Gibson ES335 w/block inlays made for Yamano? Just looking for a price check really. Also, does it even make a difference that it was made for Yamano?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    Yamano have had some high spec'd instruments built for them by Gibson and can command higher prices - but at this stage of the proceedings more info required - any pics + spec is a good start - any comments regarding which factory it is built - is it Custom Shop or a production run etc etc - Thanks
  • DanDan Frets: 453
    Thanks Mark, I knew I should of uploaded pics first before posting!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    A dealer might well get around £2200-2400 for it, but a private sale you may have to adjust a touch - they are considered above a production run and whilst this one is not officially a Custom Shop model, Yamano had their guitars highly spec'd and have a good following/reputation - looking at what is available today from Gibson with similar features
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanDan Frets: 453
    I was thinking along those lines, thanks.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17501
    I had trouble with everyone thinking a similar model I had was either fake or actually vintage, about 10 years ago.... even though it was obviously a fairly new proper Gibson at the time.  all the forums that should know better didn't. 

Gibson didn't recognise the serial number.  They only gave a "could be" answer when I asked if it was A Yamano.

it was a great guitar.