Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What happened to the FX emporium?

What's Hot
lofilooplofiloop Frets: 42
What happened to the FX emporium?
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 471

It's still about, but access has been removed for those have been rule breaking ;)

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lofilooplofiloop Frets: 42
    Perhaps all the little rules should be permanently displayed on the top banner then. I've sold lots of items and never had a single bad feedback, yet now I can't access the emporium because I deleted a post which I didn't know you weren't meant to do and only did it to save people time reading listings that were sold.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lofilooplofiloop Frets: 42
    Forget it. Goodbye fretboard forum.
    15reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    All the rules for the Classifieds are at the top of each Classifieds forum.

Given that they're free to use, it doesn't seem that much to ask that you remind yourself of them every now and then.

I would think this is a temporary suspension; as you say, you've sold lots of items with good feedback so don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7828
    edited April 2016
    Look at it from the mods point of view - the rules have been stated again and again and again in various threads, normally where the OP does a big flounce and says goodbye. All the mods ask is that forum content is not deleted, in return you get a site with good classifieds, and willing buyers.

Think about it, the forum has been good to you if you've sold loads of items why say goodbye because you didn't read the rules before posting?

I find this continuing story and the inevitable seller flounce very odd behaviour..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
    Joins forum with rules
    Agrees, by joining, to follow the rules.
    Gets upset when caught rule breaking.
    Claims ignorance of the rules.
    Blames the system for his own failures.

That whole personal responsibility thing really is soooo very unfair. [/tantrum]

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I find this continuing story and the inevitable seller flounce very odd behaviour..
    Seems an easy way to get extra LOL's for the fret score though.

To be fair this seems to be the main reason that people who have otherwise managed to sell get barred from the classifieds.  There could be merit in having a sticky topic with the title similar to '*Please do not delete content/prices after sale*' would make it less of a missed area.  Currently it is the second part of rule 7.  Yes people should read all of the rules first but doing the maths we have more members than view counts on the rules IIRC and that doesn't include people who've read them multiple times.  Putting up a sticky with that rule in particular might mean less people miss it hopefully meaning less hassle for mods.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there a way of making a tick box for saying I have read the rules (ideally with them displayed) when joining the forum?  It has been ages since I joined and I can't remember what it makes you do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    From what he says he has made many sales on here succesfully. Why alienate someone who is an active member of the community?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Could change the code for the classifieds?

Once posted the existing text cannot be removed but could be edited with a strikethrough so price adjustments can be shown.

No idea if that is technically possible, but it would work.

• It would also prevent quality updating - such as inserting new photos to the OP (not everyone scrolls on longer threads) and correcting typos/incorrect info. 
    That's not necessarily a bad thing - Might help stop the lazy adverts too.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27945
    lofiloop said:

=;

Both of your user IDs are now banned.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    12reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did they have two accounts prior to this incident?
  • Lol.  Just seen this on the activity feed:

"Goodbye Fretboard Forum, it was nice to be a part of you until fascists took over the emporium."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27945
    Lol.  Just seen this on the activity feed:

"Goodbye Fretboard Forum, it was nice to be a part of you until fascists took over the emporium."
    Indeed - lofiloop had a problem with the fascists, although his alter-ego duckduck had no such problem ... 

Maybe they weren't speaking to each other ???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    TTony;1050311" said:
    lofiloop said:

=;

Both of your user IDs are now banned.
    Bringing the law!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    That's nonsense.

I was by far the most fascist of the founders, and I don't have anything to do with the running any more. The place is therefore clearly less fascist now than ever.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    That's nonsense.

I was by far the most fascist of the founders, and I don't have anything to do with the running any more. The place is therefore clearly less fascist now than ever.
    https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/j5ilbohvM-2ygCFHomNuqqrAPZw=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4179080/Kylo_Ren.0.gif

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036

It doesn't help that the emporium rules are needlessly confusing.

Several of them are guidelines, not rules---

"you should post some good quality pictures",

"match or better that standard",

"be careful and be sensible. PPG is for use between trusted parties"

but at the bottom it says "Ads that breach these rules will be deleted. Posters that repeatedly breach the rules may be banned". So does this mean if I post blurry pictures or use PPG to pay a stranger I may get banned?

Also, the rules do explicitly say you need to repeatedly have breached the rules before you can get banned. I have no problem with the mods no tolerance policy but the rules as written should reflect what the mods do in practice.

I have taken the liberty of rewriting the classifieds ads to be more explicit. See next post.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom