May as Prime Minister ?

What's Hot

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    merlin said:
    Party Politics is what is fucking us up. Little "grown up" boys (and girls) from Eaton, Harrow, Oxford etc. It's a class decision, not a political one, always. Each licking each other's arses and giving each other self-congratulatory secret handshakes. Drives me nuts.
    I think party politics exists in every democracy in the world, doesn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Glad it wasn't Boris.    He's a clown.  
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Of the 5 candidates, she was the best by a country mile.....experience, intellect, proven ability to get things done. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4686
    The whole things feels rather orchestrated to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039
    Chalky said:
    merlin said:
    Party Politics is what is fucking us up. Little "grown up" boys (and girls) from Eaton, Harrow, Oxford etc. It's a class decision, not a political one, always. Each licking each other's arses and giving each other self-congratulatory secret handshakes. Drives me nuts.
    I think party politics exists in every democracy in the world, doesn't it?
    Not only does it exist, it has to exist in order for there to be democracy. If there was no disagreement, organisation or campaigning then there wouldn't be anything to vote for.
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72956
    It does, but what other serious choice was there? Realistically no-one below Secretary Of State in a major department is well-enough qualified to be dropped in as PM, and none of the others I can think of was a viable candidate - even Hammond doesn't seem up to it. It's a sorry state for the country to be in.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    jellyroll said:
    Of the 5 candidates, she was the best by a country mile.....experience, intellect, proven ability to get things done. 
    I agree. But she's also awful on net neutrality, human rights, "national security" (spying, etc, though goodness knows what shit she's seen as Home Sec that we're not party to that makes her want to control everything). 

Probably our best hope in negotiating *anything* with Europe though.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    edited July 2016
    It seems as though May is determined to respect the referendum result and press ahead with Brexit. Might be a good time to buy shares in companies that make incontinence sheets because there'll be an awful lot of Remainers wetting themselves when Article 50 is triggered.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    She lasted 6 years as Home Secretary, which considering Labour ministers were in and out of there quicker than a fiddler's elbow is pretty good going. Also, on the plus side she is not an anti gay fox killer. So, as long as she is not the next Maggie Thatcher then I don't mind.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Apparently she takes on all cummers and, as for criticism, she also takes it on the chin.... 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039
    Brize said:
    It seems as though May is determined to respect the referendum result and press ahead with Brexit. Might be a good time to buy shares in companies that make incontinence sheets because there'll be an awful lot of Remainers wetting themselves when Article 50 is triggered.
    Still with the insults and baiting? Enough already.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337
    Fairly she she is pro fox hunting. Six years as HS with a remit to reduce immigration during which immigration increased and she has helped disassemble the criminal justice system and is for the untested and so far failing school academy system let alone her favouring  the massive spend on a new nuclear deterent.
    What I've read seems to suggest she was heavily Cameron's lickspittle. Hopefully she is a pleasant surprise. I'm not holding my breath waiting though. 

BigLicks67 said:
    She lasted 6 years as Home Secretary, which considering Labour ministers were in and out of there quicker than a fiddler's elbow is pretty good going. Also, on the plus side she is not an anti gay fox killer. So, as long as she is not the next Maggie Thatcher then I don't mind.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Yeah, coz fox hunting is definitely our biggest issue...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    well I for one am looking forward to having a MILF in no 10
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    mgaw said:
    well I for one am looking forward to having a MILF in no 10

Eh? Is Theresa taking a 'Friend' to live with her then?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Brize said:
    Or Leavers when they discover that leaving the EU means staying in the EEA or the EFTA - basically the same as we have now but with no power to change anything (some would say that's exactly what we have now) - but technically out of the EU and therefore respecting the referendum result. And out of the EHCR too, which she wanted anyway.

Be careful what you wish for…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    ECHR is nothing to do with EU.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    It may be like having Thatcher all over again...
    Jalapeno said:
    ECHR is nothing to do with EU.
    I know. She wanted to take the UK out of it even if we stayed in the EU. She has recently changed that stance, possibly to make herself appear more moderate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's back on the agenda now as another way of making it look like we're "leaving Europe".

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33904
    It may be like having Thatcher all over again...
    Oh come off it.
    I really don't think May is THAT liberal.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom