NCD: Matrix NL212

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26991
    Bejesus!! 

I need a jack to speakon connector but not one  shop in Edinburgh has them in stock right now!?
    No, you don't - it's a combination socket, so you can use a standard jack-jack speaker lead :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Are you 100% sure lol? Because I'm going to go but a normal one if that's the case - you've actually tried a normal jack in? 
    edited July 2016
    Ok I also checked the site, you're right! I'm in business!

Do you use speakon connectors or just normal ones, out of interest? 
    edited July 2016
    Are you 100% sure lol? Because I'm going to go but a normal one if that's the case - you've actually tried a normal jack in? 
    That's all I use with mine,  mate
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72915
    If you just want to use it in the house you'll be fine with a spare guitar lead, if you want to try it right away. The current at 1W levels is so small that it doesn't matter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3438
    Ok I also checked the site, you're right! I'm in business!

Do you use speakon connectors or just normal ones, out of interest? 
    Speakons are probably heavier than than the normal jacks, so best avoid those Thomas ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh christ lol...

Ok I'm going to get a normal speaker cable in a few hours 
    Ok I got two jack to jack cables and ran the NL212 in stereo. Did some recordings (poor, though) to compare to the blackstar speakers. Hard to compare at low volumes. I think there's more definition in the NL212s. Regardless, they sound amazing.... I am a VERY happy bunny.... if I had the space, I'd buy another!
    Nicely done. Glad you like it (bit of a relief, you never know with these things).
    <space for hire>
    It sounds amazing. To be honest, gear these days is generally good anyway. No more sore backs for me!
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Just picked up one of the new "Double Cream" versions. Great service from Matrix, ordered on Monday and arrived in Australia on Thursday.

Quite light, which is good, wish they had a top handle though. 

I haven tried it yet but hoping for good things form the double creamback speakers.

Si_ said:

I've found it's not really a problem - it's easy enough to carry them "upright" with one hand. I'm pretty short (5' 7") and I only have to bend my arm a little, which is OK given the light weight.

In fact, I'm rather happy that there's no top-handle, because that gets in the way of resting rack stuff on top when I need to.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Si_ said:
    Just picked up one of the new "Double Cream" versions. Great service from Matrix, ordered on Monday and arrived in Australia on Thursday.

I haven tried it yet but hoping for good things form the double creamback speakers.

Si_ said:

I've found it's not really a problem - it's easy enough to carry them "upright" with one hand. I'm pretty short (5' 7") and I only have to bend my arm a little, which is OK given the light weight.

In fact, I'm rather happy that there's no top-handle, because that gets in the way of resting rack stuff on top when I need to.

Agreed, it's no problem carrying them one handed by the side handle.

Congratulations on the new cab! They're great bits of kit - I love mine.

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    So how are you guys finding these cabs these days? I love the idea but I'm a bit puzzled how they could be built solidly for throwing in and out of the back of vans given their weight.
    clarkefan said:
    So how are you guys finding these cabs these days? I love the idea but I'm a bit puzzled how they could be built solidly for throwing in and out of the back of vans given their weight.
    More than happy with it - it's the best cab I've ever owned.

It's good enough that if it were to get nicked, I wouldn't even look at any other cabs before buying another.
    <space for hire>
    ^ What he said, they’re fab cabs. I’m glad I’ve got the original V30 alikes, but really wouldn’t mind another with Creambacks.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I've mixed feelings about mine.

Love the reduced weight, really makes carrying my gear a lot easier. I do however find that the outer coating isn't very robust.(Not sure what it is, some sort of textured paint maybe). I treat mine well but it's covered in marks and chips where the paint has come off to show wood underneath, and it's only been gigged once. 

What about the sound though @Si_ ?

I guess I’d have to agree about the hardiness of it to an extent. However, with it being so light it’s much easier to move through doorways and stuff than a traditional 2x12 so less likely to get damaged. I bought a Roqsolid cover for mine and have gigged it loads... it looks no more battered than anything else I take out and about.
    simonk said:
    What about the sound though @Si_ ?

I guess I’d have to agree about the hardiness of it to an extent. However, with it being so light it’s much easier to move through doorways and stuff than a traditional 2x12 so less likely to get damaged. I bought a Roqsolid cover for mine and have gigged it loads... it looks no more battered than anything else I take out and about.
    Same here - Roqsolid cover. It's still obviously in "gigged" condition in a few small places, but standing a few feet away you'd never notice.
    <space for hire>