First rehearsal for 21 years...

ewalewal Frets: 2605

So last night I went to my first jam/songwriting session for 21 years with an old band mate in a local rehearsal room. It's so good to be playing above bedroom volumes again! We're playing instrumental alternative rock - think something like Swervedriver meets Mogwai...

Things I learnt last night:

1) We could still play tunes start to finish that neither of us have played for over 20 years - peculiar thing this muscle memory...

2) My Rat clone (and Mooer Black Secret) really do come to life at band volume.

3) I really like the wall of noise that is my Big Muff, but the lack of cutting through the mix thing - had the volume on the pedal almost maxed and I still felt like the volume was dropping off with the Muff on, rather than getting louder.

4) I need to decide how I'm going to use my EQD Avalanche Run - think it has to be extra reverb and delay rather than always on reverb - definitely need to work on the atmospheric post-rock like interludes side of my playing.

5) I need to re-work my pedal board to get my main go-to pedals in to the easiest to access positions - I had a few accidents...

5) My Reverend Manta Ray totally lived up to my expectations and is definitely set to be my main guitar.

6) My Toronado partscaster has a nasty buzz that I'll need to investigate before I next take it to the rehearsal room.

7) Playing in a band situation is much more physical than sitting playing at home (obviously) - I've a few sore bits today...

7) I now can't concentrate at my work because last night was such a buzz - I keep on thinking about things we could do with riffs and what not - just wish I could get back in to the rehearsal room today!

Just felt the need to share!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments