Terry Morgan

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2375
edited November 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader
I was out at David Dykes today and I met Terry Morgan, what a nice guy. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1679
    Did he discuss what his plans are re the future? I had heard he was planning to retire from the guitar building business.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17213
    edited November 2017
    GSPBASSES said:
    I was out David Dykes today and I met Terry Morgan, what a nice guy. 

This is bound to get lots of "you are Terry Morgan" comments.   both make LP's, both keep saying they are retiring... both still stocking up on more wood????

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2375
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    I was out David Dykes today and I met Terry Morgan, what a nice guy. 

This is bound to get lots of "you are Terry Morgan" comments.   both make LP's, both keep saying they are retiring... both still stocking up on more wood????

Tongue-in-cheek,

NO mine are not real Les Paul's, I don't use hide glue, I use a full width tenant joint, I remove all the sharp corners round round the neck joint to make it easier to get to the lower frets. I use a jointer for all my joints and I use full height binding in the low horn. I'm sure there are other things about my Les Paul's, that the purists will crucify me for doing.

I wasn't at David Dykes buying wood I was delivering wood to him, I slot fingerboard for him. I also do a lot of jointing for him. So if you ever buy a pre-joined body blank, you know where it was jointed.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    Well, this is monumental!!! A real meeting with Terry Morgan....    :o

This should be properly documented in some way. Maybe a picture, or tapestry or something?

Terry Morgan telling GSPBASSES that he is not building anymore:

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10672
    Who is he?

I'm sure someone mentioned his name before,but I could be mistaken.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1327
    Who is he?

I'm sure someone mentioned his name before,but I could be mistaken.

I heard he was going to be the new CEO at Gibson...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m truly jealous....
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1571

Ive met David Dyke, and he came across as a top bloke - and his place is an absolute treasure trove. What I wouldn't give to have free reign to nosey around the stacks of wood.

Adam

(never met Mr Morgan knowingly)

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    @richardhomer That's you in the background of the picture above. Taking your Timberlands off after many years wandering the desert in search of Terry Morgan.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:

Ive met David Dyke, and he came across as a top bloke - and his place is an absolute treasure trove. What I wouldn't give to have free reign to nosey around the stacks of wood.

Adam

(never met Mr Morgan knowingly)

David always lets you rummage round all his wood stock, you can  spend hours there and never really see all the wood.

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    Will he be having a Black Friday sale tomorrow?
    tFB Trader
    mbe said:

David Dyke or Terry Morgan, I don't know about them, but I am.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Problem with rummaging is that it can get expensive quickly. Plus I live in central Scotland, so can't spend too long when Im on my way back from my brothers' in Shoreham. And then I have to explain to my wife why I needed to buy more bits of maple, mahogany etc......
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    Problem with rummaging is that it can get expensive quickly. Plus I live in central Scotland, so can't spend too long when Im on my way back from my brothers' in Shoreham. And then I have to explain to my wife why I needed to buy more bits of maple, mahogany etc......
    You could always drop the wife off at the Cafe by the Lake, is just round the corner from David, about a five minute walk, excellent food, they make a great cappuccino, really good choice of alcohol. 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30332
    Are you sure it was the real Terry Morgan and not some replica?
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28242
    edited November 2017
    GSPBASSES said:
    mbe said:

REALLY @GSPBasses ? ????
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    GSPBASSES said:
    Kalimna said:
    You could always drop the wife off at the Cafe by the Lake, is just round the corner from David, about a five minute walk, excellent food, they make a great cappuccino, really good choice of alcohol. 

An excellent suggestion, but for the fact my wife doesn't like coffee or drink much alcohol. Actually, that base is covered anyway because whenever we go down, I tend to drive and my wife flies with the boys - much less stressful for all :) Buuut, she is very good at sniffing out unapproved purchases......
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    mbe said:

REALLY @GSPBasses ? ????
     Sure am, nothing too interest you, no basses  no Gibson's this year.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28242
    Thats probably just as well - Ive still got necks here that you built for me, waiting for their bodies!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24582
    No basses?????

:(