Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fly tipper

What's Hot
Mrs Burgo and firiend were walking our dog yesterday when at the bottom of our street a Merc 4x4 stops, a woman steps out of her car that is in a line of slow moving traffic and throws a big pag or rubbish on the grass verge, my wife asks her to pick it up, someone beeps and shouts the same. Said woman puts her nose up in the air, walks back to her car and drives off! The dirty fucking bitch! Luckily my wife's mate gets the reg no and I've photographed the evidence on my way to work last night.

What is the world coming too, skanky bastards. It's been reported to the fly tipping hotline or whatever but probably fuck all will happen.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Unless your evidence is of the woman dumping the rubbish, fuck all will probably happen but good for you... might not be the first time she's done it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Scum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    nothing will be done
    We caught people fly-tipping on our lane and got the police there while they were doing it ......they did absolutely nothing and wouldn't even ask them to clear it up
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24614
    I'm beginning to change my viewpoint on the vigilantism thread...
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It may be worth posting it on social media websites, such as Mercedes or 4x4 owners (if such things exist) or Mumsnet. Hopefully, any embarrassment will make her reconsider her behaviour in the future. Your wife should be congratulated for taking the photo and questioning the trash woman's behaviour. I'm frequently picking up other people's litter and it shouldn't be necessary.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    That was my Mrs. And the bag of rubbish was all my worldly    belongings. Bitch. The 4 x 4 is her boyfriends. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Merc 4x4?
    Why am I not surprised.
    The breathtaking arrogance.
  • Have to deal with fly tipping day in day out at work.. it’s very frustrating.. have already done 2 loads this morning and it’s only a small area I am on today...

That aside what is becoming increasingly popular is fly tipping on private land (ie a driveway) as this becomes a private issue not a local authority one.. of course this means that I don’t have to pick it up but it’s quite worrying. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    We have a lot of fly tipping. Police aren't interested and if you try and stop someone you're likely to get a good kicking. They actually block roads. This was a few miles from where I live ..

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/news/hertfordshire-news/wares-cold-christmas-lane-blocked-1015946

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I'm by no means saying that fly tipping is ok but I can understand why people with vans do it as they are making money by charging to remove rubbish and then not paying the disposal fee.

But what has this woman gained by doing that, surely she could just drive to the local tip and offload there like any normal person would?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm very proud that I once took a photo of fly-tippers and it led to their conviction (it wasn't a first conviction for that either).

I'm ashamed to say that in 30 years of trying to catch the buggers, that is my only real success. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    I'm very proud that I once took a photo of fly-tippers and it led to their conviction (it wasn't a first conviction for that either).

I'm ashamed to say that in 30 years of trying to catch the buggers, that is my only real success. 
      Parents?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5012
    Happens on our road too. The Council officials say that people are broke after Christmas and can’t afford the dumping charge. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• What gets me thought in the OPs case, she's gone to the effort of putting the rubbish in a bag, then putting it in car, and then driving somewhere to dump it. She's done the hard part now she just needs to drive to the tip the dopey twat

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12485
    Our local tip is only open 5 days a week now due to council cutbacks. They’ll also inspect what you’re dumping and if it doesn’t fit certain criteria they’ll charge you £5 a bag for the privilege. Surprise, surprise fly tipping is now rampant all round the area. Surrey council have also turned off a big percentage of street lighting at night to save money. Not only nice conditions for dumping things and not getting spotted, but robbery and burglary has gone up 1500% in areas where the lights are off. Well done Theresa and Co, this austerity business is going really well eh? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    Someone fly tipped an old bathroom suite on our land last year. was really annoying but the council did come and collect it after we called
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    We live opposite a primary school, the amount of rubbish (coffee cups/crisp packets/drink cartons & bottles/chocolate wrappers/half eaten baguettes) the parents thrown down by the kerb as they clear out their cars while waiting for their kids is shocking.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    My kids became embarrassed by the number of times I picked up rubbish thrown from cars waiting outside their school and handed it back to the drivers, saying "I think you dropped this". Calling these tossers out consistently is something I can't walk away from. I seldom got any backchat. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    I rather wish this thread had been about Fly Paper... have loads of Qs.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Merc 4x4?
    Why am I not surprised.
    The breathtaking arrogance.
    Mercedes-Benz drivers delude themselves that, in paying for the car, they have also bought the road.* By this reasoning, the skanky 4x4 woman imagines that she is depositing her belongings on her land.

* I realise that there may be an element of urban myth about this viewpoint BUT a good friend of mine served in the traffic section of Essex Constabulary. He and his driver genuinely pulled over an M-B driver on the A12 to be greeted with, "oh, officer. Shouldn't you be arresting real criminals?" My friend bit his lip, kept a straight face and wrote her a ticket.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom