SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2006 Gibson Firebird V with Zhangbucker pickups, feat. double price drop.

What's Hot
benecolbenecol Frets: 404
edited February 2018 in Guitars £

Firstly, please forgive the state of my garden in that pic. I've since tidied it up A LOT.

Now that that's out of the way...

Up for sale is my 2006 Gibson Firebird V reissue in cherry finish. I've had it for five years, and I love it to bits, but something slightly daft (and I speak as a Firebird and a Longhorn owner) has been waved in my direction. It's been played a lot (I love it - wide flat neck, almost like a shredder) but is in good nick - player's grade, maybe? It's got the original banjo tuners (dull Firebird fact: the machine that makes these tuners was destroyed when the Gibson Factory flooded - that's why they all have Steinberger tuners now), finish is starting to check up lovely (see pic below), there are weird (hard to see) sworls on the pickguard where a previous owner must have had the most peculiar picking style ever.

The pickups Gibson drops in the reissue Firebirds are notoriously one dimensional and wound to some crazy high output: I had David at Zhangbucker make me a pair of his pickups (he calls the set the Waylon) and they're brilliant - low output, classic Firebird sounds. When I wired them in, I also swapped out all the pots for 500k CTS pots (again, true to the originals, unlike what Gibson sling in from stock), and added some PIO caps for good measure - a .015 cap at the neck and a .022 at the bridge. I like 50s wiring, so have set it up like that. Before/after shots below:

BEFORE: standard Gibson

AFTER: PIOs etc.

I've still got the original pickups, if you want to buy it and return it to not-as-good (I think I've got the original pots and wiring too, but can't guarantee that).

It's got an Epiphone Firebird hardcase, which fits it fine. And is the size of a front door. Firebird hardcases are hilarious.

I'd like £850 £800 £750 for it, in light of the fact it's already got the right pickups in it, and comes with a hard case. There's no way in the world I'm posting a Firebird - I'm near Junction 13 of the M5; happy to meet the buyer half way or within 50 miles of my home, whichever is shorter for me.

Holler with any questions, have a look at the checking before you go...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments