what is the single most fun effect?

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
In a similar vein to the 'if you could only use one pedal' thread, what are peoples opinions on the single most fun effect? Unlike the other post I'm not taking about what is the one pedal essential to your sound but rather the most fun, for pure abandon!

Mine has to be fuzz. Tried fuzz a long time ago and hated it, I don't think I had been playing long enough to know how to work with the particular quirks of fuzz. Came back to it about 18 months ago and am now obsessed with it! Have been through endless varieties and types since. The whole fuzz and guitar volume interaction is hours of fun, plus the occasional moment of gated, glitchy sonic mayhem!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

Same answer....

TC Electronic Mojo Mojo

I just bought the Spark Booster yesterday though and that is a very close second in terms of fun

• GassageGassage Frets: 31586
    Easy- a wireless radio transmitter that shares the same frequency band as your other guitarist or bass player.

Hours of endless fun....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 464
    Yep Fuzz, but you have to find the right one. A decent Fuzz Face derived design can be brilliant fun to use, sound astonishingly good with the right set-up, will respond really well to the volume and tone controls on a guitar but can also be very temperamental and finicky to power and to fit in with other pedals and wireless systems.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I love the Seek Wah and Ooh Wah models on my Zoom G3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
    JCA2550;236697" said:
    Yep Fuzz, but you have to find the right one. A decent Fuzz Face derived design can be brilliant fun to use, sound astonishingly good with the right set-up, will respond really well to the volume and tone controls on a guitar but can also be very temperamental and finicky to power and to fit in with other pedals and wireless systems.
    I think this is the problem I had with fuzz before. I now have a brilliant germanium fuzzface with nkt 275s made by forge effects on this forum. I use a bright onion looper to keep all my other pedals out of the way and power it with a virtual battery from thegigrig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    Loop sampler.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 464
    I love Germanium FF styled pedals. I had 2 Cornell First Fuzz pedals, which were the best sounding NKT 275 FF types I've ever tried, but the original switches proved unreliable, they didn't like being powered by anything other than an internal battery and required constant tweaking when used in gig situations. I'm currently using a Mooer Grey Faze which has addressed almost all of these issues and is in a potent tiny package :)

Big Muff type designs are very different beasts but also fantastic in their own way.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Any delay that self-oscillates. 

I can  get all the usual usable sounds, then put it on the edge of feedback and I get some nice background swashes of sounds. Turn it up all the way and it's like the War of the Worlds. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    edited May 2014
    At the moment I'm having a lot of fun with an old Boss ME-8.

Or my EHX Flanger Hoax. 

I just googled Flanger Hoax and it seems the units have more than doubled in price since I got mine. :-?

All of the above though...a FF, wah, DMM, loop sampler...I could handle just that. Sooooo many tones! \m/
  • Fuzz factory, or a looper if you're good with them (I'm not, sadly).
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5316
    Couldn't live without reverb ( sorry Gearmandude)
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    The single most fun effect ever is sticking a vocal mic into a Boss pitch shifter. This destroyed several rehearsals through helpless mirth back in the 80s

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    RE201 Space Echo - don't even need to plug anything into the input and you can have hours of fun
  • vizviz Frets: 11024
    Wah
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Ditto looper for me

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    A good wah-wah pedal. Just because it makes me grin and feel like Hendrix when really, I'm barely one of the guys in McFly.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2085
    Any analogue type delay.

Mmm... Soundscapes.
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
    DeeTee;236814" said:
    A good wah-wah pedal. Just because it makes me grin and feel like Hendrix when really, I'm barely one of the guys in McFly.
    That is the essence of this thread right there!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Wah, more for dragging out extra harmonics, or as a bit of a treble boost, than going Wah-wah-wah-wah

Delay for a nice spacious lead sound.

Phaser (specifically MXR phase 90) for all the swirly goodness that it brings.

I know you said one......

:)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    Ring mod or whammy