Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

reduced BY £250 SUPERB FENDER "WILDWOOD" 51 NOCASTER

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    Sorry , no ,I will not be selling the case separately unless you want to pay £2200 for it and get a free guitar ;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have considered that option. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Peach have got a nice blackguard Masterbuilt tele secondhand for £4500 at the moment but it doesn't look as good as this Nocaster 
    just putting things in perspective bump...........oh and did I say it weighs only 6.6 lbs
    Up.......can't believe that I have had a 4 or 5 'serious" enquiries but nobody has been able to follow through
    bump
    Reduced by £250.....it's not getting played - the only thing getting played is me ........I just can't hack any more non-performers
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Pm'd you Dom
  • That’s pretty much my dream Tele right there.
  • Love it!  I have the same thing but custom ordered with a P90 in the neck.. Hmmm, it would be nice to have another with a SC!

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    funnily enough the neck pickup is the best thing about it.it's incredibly woody for a tele  .....personally I'm not so keen on the bridge pickup because it is seriously vintage and for what I play I need something hotter
  • Can’t believe this hasn’t sold yet. I’ve been searching down the back of the sofa but to no avail!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Ok, its about time I commented on this amazing guitar, although it pains me to do so !

I bought this new from Wildwood USA in 2007 for my 40th birthday. Contrary to popular opinion, Wildwood 10s didn't exist in 2007, and there were NO Nocasters available in the UK. None.

I contacted Wildwood, and spoke to a guy called Graham, I seem to recall. They had 3 Nocasters in then, and he said to me "Buy R6105 - its the best of the bunch". He sent me some pictures and I fell in love with the guitar.

After a long protracted customs saga and heavy duty, I received the guitar which became known as Rosie (someone said the serial number spelt Rosie...)

Rosie was my main guitar, gigged weekly at church at the time, for many years.

Now, a lot of modern Nocasters aren't Nocasters; they have a Nocaster name, but have been made civilised.

Rosie is different from most Teles in several ways. They are made as they were then; rough and ready, and not sweet or civilised like modern 'old' teles...

This one has a baseball neck, but good players get used to any neck imho. The neck pick up is as good as you'll play; very Strat like, and indeed led to me buying my first Strat (I don't like Strats and don't think that they are cool - even though I own a MB now).

Rosie is cool as....

Its a battle to play her. I remember Gary Moore talking about his old Tele once saying that you had to fight her to draw the sound out. Rosie is the same. Vintage guitars take a bit more playing, but the reward is the sound AND feel AND kinship with this guitar.

I'll tell you something else too. The Spec Sheet from Fender does not do the guitar justice. I cant find my old info on Rosie, but I know the spec sheet is wrong. Im fairly certain it had a quarter sawn neck for example.

I desperately want to own Rosie again, but just haven't got the funds. Used CS have gone through the roof, and I know Dom really well and he's a top man.

Ive held back from writing this in the hope that no-one buys Rosie.

But you won't find a better Nocaster. She even smells perfect !

Good luck to the next owner - it may be me yet, hopefully =)

Thanks for the provenance Waz, ......Yes ,I know exactly what you mean about it being a "proper"old school Nocaster and not a sanitised mass-market pastiche of one.
    You are right it is a quarter sawn neck ,it's fat but very comfortable and playable .That fat neck is definitely where all the tone and sustain comes from for sure.
    The neck pick up is the best sounding single coil of any guitar I have ever played ........the bridge is very good but very, very vintage and I personally like something with more poke .There is a video of Arlen Roth playing a 52 Tele called live in my living room or something like that ......that is exactly how this guitar sounds ....it's not the more modern Nashville Brad Paisley slightly distorted Country -Rock  compressed sound with phoney twang.
     If you watch some Tim Lerch vids when he uses his single coil tele on neck for Jazz as opposed to his Charlie Cristian pick up it does that sound perfectly too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Roll up , Roll up , get yer bargain Nocaster here
    Question ; How many time wasters does it take to sell a guitar ?
     Answer  ; I don't know but I've certainly had enough of them.......one even schlepped me all the way to Euston !
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    Hi Dom,
    Just crossed over from acoustics so forgive me if I missed anything significant. I have a custom Huss and Dalton acoustic for sale on the forum. Engelmann spruce top and claro walnut b/s. Adirondack spruce internal braces. Hand built in their small-shop in Virginia, USA. Wondered if you wanted a swap?
    Best regards, Rob
    Sorry ,
    I just said goodbye to a lovely Lowden because it never got played
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    Not a problem. You don't ask, you don't get. GWLTS. Rob
    you're absolutely right.........I'm never offended by Chutspah
  • Dominic said:
     Answer  ; I don't know but I've certainly had enough of them.......one even schlepped me all the way to Euston !

Well... that one bringing you to Euston was me... and I was not pretending to waste your time...

Do you remember that I did not buy it because it did not have a COA. Have you talked to CODA music already? Have they sent it to you?

I even offered to buy you the ticket back to your place... Thanks for the beer though, but you have to say it all...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Dominic said:

Well... that one bringing you to Euston was me... and I was not pretending to waste your time...

Do you remember that I did not buy it because it did not have a COA. Have you talked to CODA music already? Have they sent it to you?

I even offered to buy you the ticket back to your place... Thanks for the beer though, but you have to say it all...
    The thing is mate - I can confirm the authenticity of this as I bought it from Wildwood USA, and I believe that the original invoice/receipt is still in there...

I like the COA too, and I can guarantee that it was given to Coda. I believe that a replacement can be sorted.

There is NO better Nocaster out there mate - I can guarantee that :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom