Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Looks much better from the back than the front.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    I prefer this angle 

https://i.imgur.com/P5aEGsq.png
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Imma just gonna say it - I’ve never played a walnut guitar that sounded really good. This is more than a handful over my life, but not what could probably be considered a scientific sample. I may just be unlucky!

Anyway, for that kind of money you have the pick of just about anything... it would really have to be special. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 380
    ICBM said:
    I prefer this angle 

https://i.imgur.com/P5aEGsq.png
    Well that's the angle the owner would see it - so that's a bonus. 
    Well Whitecat I'm gonna disagree with you, I had a walnut SG which was good and I have a walnut acoustic which is brilliant - so the wood itself is not the issue I have with it, I just think it's expensive, I'd love to give it a go though. 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    It looks a prototype of one of the early Taylor Solidbodies - not in a good way either  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    i don’t mind the look of them but was a little less impressed in person. I didn’t even pick it up to try it. I like the ideas behind it. At least it’s not yet another bloody Strat/Tele rip off. And as for price, it’s made in Ireland to a top standard, and not a bolt on design.  If I had £3k burning a hole, I’d try one for sure.
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    That looks like the sort of guitar you feel bonding with your soul when you play it.

In the right hands, it could create magic. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 2013
    It would look great if you put it in a case and closed the lid.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5035
    I quite like that although it looks a little heavy in the rump, albeit I shouldn't really be criticising on that score. 
    Call me Dave.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1741
    Looks good to me .functional . .I liked Taylor solid bodies by the way ,.They should have sold better and I should have bought one when it was  being flogged off at 600 quid.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    At the risk of stating the obvious, it looks very much like an electric guitar built by a maker of acoustics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    Philly_Q said:
    At the risk of stating the obvious, it looks very much like an electric guitar built by a maker of acoustics.
    How? I don’t get that? 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    And fair play to them for not being afraid to look silly :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    brucegill said:
    At least it’s not yet another bloody Strat/Tele rip off. And as for price, it’s made in Ireland to a top standard, and not a bolt on design. 
    Good point 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    brucegill said:
    Philly_Q said:
    How? I don’t get that? 
    When you’ve seen a few of them they all seem to have the same sort of characteristics. Hard to put a finger on exactly what, but I know exactly what he means.

I actually don’t see any point in it at all, to be honest - I assume from the weight that it’s not some sort of clever chambered design, it has generic pickups and hardware, it’s a slightly lumpy shape (I do genuinely think it looks better from the back for some reason), and a stupid amount of money...

I’d like to be impressed, but I’m really not. It just reminds me far too much of furniture.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    brucegill said:
    Philly_Q said:
    How? I don’t get that? 
    It's got a neck and headstock which look like they came straight off an acoustic.  It has the kind of carefully selected woods and extremely clean, neat but un-fussy lines, the type of detailing you generally only see on acoustics.  It's got a super-thin finish to show off the timbers, not to protect the guitar from being knocked about.  It's got a few nods at ergonomics with the slight belly cut and chamfered heel, but acoustics aren't really built for ergonomics and neither is this.

To be more unkind, it looks boring and not remotely rock'n'roll.  I'm not saying every electric guitar in the world has to be rock'n'roll.  But this one most definitely isn't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1590

I had a brief play around with one of these in the Edinbirgh GuitarGuitar store a while ago. Beautifully made, and much more ergonomic in the hands than it perhaps looks like it would be. It also felt thinner than it looks. Soundwise, it is a nice electric guitar, and I don't recall it being any more than that. If I had 3k burning a hole in my pocket, there are plenty of options I would explore before reaching for one of these. It certainly didn't feel quite as special as the Lowden acoustics I have picked up.

Adam

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    It looks like a chopping board from The Range.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    From the back and side on it looks like an amazing piece of workmanship.

From the front it looks like something that would be on ebay for 400 quid as an unfinished self built project. "Just want covering for the time I've put in it".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom