F hole cad drawing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    Why not? All the modern CNC software I've used just traces the outline of a vector drawing. Why the need for manual coordinates?
    Sometimes it's more convenient  to do it manually .
    On the other hand ,  I don't particularly work with software  ( especially not Edgecam as it's quite an advanced software ) , so I am in the dark a little bit :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    Jazzthat said:
    Why not? All the modern CNC software I've used just traces the outline of a vector drawing. Why the need for manual coordinates?
    On the other hand ,  I don't particularly work with software  ( especially not Edgecam as it's quite an advanced software ) , so I am in the dark a little bit :)

Having worked with programming CNC machines for many years making prototypes, I have grave doubts if you could ever manually input the tool path for a F hole. You would most certainly have to use some kind of technical drawing software to work out all the vectors the arcs diameters of the circles it will be a bloody nightmare, just use a CAD Cam system and it does it for you.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    GSPBASSES said:
    Jazzthat said:

Having worked with programming CNC machines for many years making prototypes, I have grave doubts if you could ever manually input the tool path for a F hole. You would most certainly have to use some kind of technical drawing software to work out all the vectors the arcs diameters of the circles it will be a bloody nightmare, just use a CAD Cam system and it does it for you.

Obviously , software would make this process  painless , but  honestly this would be easy to program manually if I have all arcs and lines points ( at least on Heidenhain )  . The use of rotation and mirror image cycle would do it even easier . 

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1810
    Got to love a man who wants to go the hard route LOL. 

Just out of interest is your speciality coding Heidenhain I did have a quick Google and manual read seems yeah there is some powerful stuff but no less arcane than any superset of proprietary gcode control.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Got to love a man who wants to go the hard route LOL. 

Just out of interest is your speciality coding Heidenhain I did have a quick Google and manual read seems yeah there is some powerful stuff but no less arcane than any superset of proprietary gcode control.

Yeah that's me :) 

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    Are you sure you don’t want to reinvent the wheel?

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/