Another JoBo sig - Epi Black Beauty LPC

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZ said:
    I had that one, it was great. It’d be nice to see an update with the new headstock shape though, and passive pickups.

I’m secretly hoping for an Epi version of the Adam Jones sig. silverburst, but that doesn’t feel very likely unfortunately. :(
    If they did an Adam Jones silverburst and did it properly I would definitely buy that straight away! Love a good silverburst custom. Knowing Epiphone though they'll fuck it up and do an awful edge burst with no fade, rather than a nice smooth fade teardrop burst.
    Yep, if they got the burst right, made it with a maple neck, and didn’t give it their 60s D profile then it would be one of the few guitars I’d ever actually pre-order!

Failing that, I have a GSP one in the works anyway which will undoubtedly be a better instrument! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Gerz6558 said:
    I think I've talked myself back from the brink. I dont need the yellowed binding and the third pickup. I think the regular custom isnt too far off and can wait for one of those used. I know it's a different neck profile but it's more or less there.

I'll probably end up pre ordering this by midnight all the same  :#
    Did you order one ?  =)

The description says it comes with a case, if that's true then that's worth £100 on it's own.
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    Gerz6558 said:
    More desirable features like the ebony fretboard, long neck tenon and cts pots have been added to this new line.

Don't forget the mahogany top which is one of the features that seemed to be missing on a lot of Customs as far as I've seen.

I'm really interested in this as it's as close as I could ever get to a dream guitar. The real ones are just out of range sadly! Looking forward to hearing how they fare once they are in folks hands.

Does anyone know if these are going to be limited edition jobs or will they be available for a while?
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    edited October 2020
    Gerz6558 said:
    I think I've talked myself back from the brink. I dont need the yellowed binding and the third pickup. I think the regular custom isnt too far off and can wait for one of those used. I know it's a different neck profile but it's more or less there.

I'll probably end up pre ordering this by midnight all the same 
    Did you order one ? 

The description says it comes with a case, if that's true then that's worth £100 on it's own.
    No I'm pretty proud I haven't! Will power is not something I've had much off during lockdown. And yeah it does come with a really nice case.

diap said:
    Gerz6558 said:
    More desirable features like the ebony fretboard, long neck tenon and cts pots have been added to this new line.

Don't forget the mahogany top which is one of the features that seemed to be missing on a lot of Customs as far as I've seen.

I'm really interested in this as it's as close as I could ever get to a dream guitar. The real ones are just out of range sadly! Looking forward to hearing how they fare once they are in folks hands.

Does anyone know if these are going to be limited edition jobs or will they be available for a while?
    They are limited. I think the new regular customs have a mahogany top too, but dont quote me on that. You can snag one if those for under 600 which is where I think I might be at. No case and white binding, and of course one less pickup.

I think I'm just about able to resist these. But Epiphone dont seem to have revamped their ES line yet. If they end up releasing es345 and es355's next year I'm toast.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    Gerz6558 said:
    diap said:
    Gerz6558 said:

They are limited. I think the new regular customs have a mahogany top too, but dont quote me on that. You can snag one if those for under 600 which is where I think I might be at. No case and white tuners, and of course one less pickup.

Ah. Just checked and they do have the mahogany top and the ebony fretboard, but 60's slim taper neck sadly!

https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPIUYZ684/Les-Paul-Custom/Alpine-White
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Three pickup version, why why why??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Someone's got theirs on the mylespaul forum, some nice photos and a write up: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/joe-bonamassa-epiphone-les-paul-custom-is-coming.441118/page-6 ;
    Gerz6558 said:
    Someone's got theirs on the mylespaul forum, some nice photos and a write up: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/joe-bonamassa-epiphone-les-paul-custom-is-coming.441118/page-6 ;
    Linky not working .
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Gerz6558 said:
    Linky not working .
    It sort of doesn't matter imo.  Three pickup Les Pauls are a marmite thing; personally I find them worse than the Strat configuration.

The two pickup Les Paul is iconic for a reason; simple, straightforward, plays great.

The three pickup version is none of those things imo, it's a different guitar, it's not a small difference.

Makes me question JoBo's motivations with this if I'm honest.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165
    clarkefan said:
    Gerz6558 said:
    Linky not working .
    It sort of doesn't matter imo.  Three pickup Les Pauls are a marmite thing; personally I find them worse than the Strat configuration.

The two pickup Les Paul is iconic for a reason; simple, straightforward, plays great.

The three pickup version is none of those things imo, it's a different guitar, it's not a small difference.

Makes me question JoBo's motivations with this if I'm honest.
    It’s a copy of a guitar he’s actually using and one of his best sounding guitars, or so he says.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Looks lovely but a bit spendy with Epiphone pickups in? That said there are three.
    edited October 2020
    Gerz6558 said:
    Linky not working .
    Hopefully working, page 6:https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/joe-bonamassa-epiphone-les-paul-custom-is-coming.441118

Edit: I give up!
    The person on mylespaul is already sending it back. They were not too impressed with the uneven fretwork. Unfortunately seems to be a trait of the current line.

Looks like I'm safe.
    Gerz6558 said:
    The person on mylespaul is already sending it back. They were not too impressed with the uneven fretwork. Unfortunately seems to be a trait of the current line.

Looks like I'm safe.
    I was thinking that, nothing a trip to Feline won't fix!  Tempted to order it, send it direct to Jonathan for set up and fret work then send it to me.

Probably push the thing over the £1k mark though after al that.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Definitely don't think a £700.00 Epiphone should require any proper work. Basic setup maybe, but nothing that will cost significant money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558 said:

Looks like I'm safe.
    I was thinking that, nothing a trip to Feline won't fix!  Tempted to order it, send it direct to Jonathan for set up and fret work then send it to me.

Probably push the thing over the £1k mark though after al that.
    See, at that point (or anything north of £500 tbh) I'd rather be putting the money into an MIJ version.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5069
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    edited October 2020
    Not my bag of spanners, if I'm honest... but it sounds very good in Joe's hands.

I'd be more interested if Sir Keef of Richards would allow them to build replicas of *in my opinion* the coolest Les Paul Custom of all time...

I guess I could buy one and get busy with the dayglow paint but I imagine it would end up looking like multicoloured barf all over the front...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    I guess I could buy one and get busy with the dayglow paint but I imagine it would end up looking like multicoloured barf all over the front...

Just like Keef's then... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    I'd be more interested if Sir Keef of Richards would allow them to build replicas of *in my opinion* the coolest Les Paul Custom of all time...

I had the exact same thought when I saw this one :smiley: