Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Our Friend again Essex Studios

What's Hot

Comments

• PC_Dave said:
    I see he’s sold all the Dave Mustaine guitars then
    Strangely enough, they're still for sale..... Can't think why.
    Apparantly he sold a car or something to buy all that stuff, now I expect he's gonna make a lot less than he thinks. I just don't see why anyone would pay those prices for those guitars, even if yi were a rich Mustaine mega fan. 
    I think he is the rich mustaine megafan, bro
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    Thing is with the prices he's charging, they'd be awful investments. You'd never make money back, any one with money and looking for an investment opportunity would avoid them totally.

Prototype Dave mustaine V OR an all original 1960s Strat that will most certainly be worth more than you paid for in years to come?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10591
    PC_Dave said:
    I see he’s sold all the Dave Mustaine guitars then
    Strangely enough, they're still for sale..... Can't think why.
    Apparantly he sold a car or something to buy all that stuff, now I expect he's gonna make a lot less than he thinks. I just don't see why anyone would pay those prices for those guitars, even if yi were a rich Mustaine mega fan. 
    I think he is the rich mustaine megafan, bro
    And he's got all the BC Riches!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahaha, sweet Jesus. 50 000£ for an ESP LTD that the dude from Evanescence played? Yeah ok...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20600
    Out of prurient  idle curiosity, I checked his eBay details.
    No sales in the last 12 months & all sales prior to that were 'best offer accepted'.
    Bigly genius business skills.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahaha, sweet Jesus. 50 000£ for an ESP LTD that the dude from Evanescence played? Yeah ok...
    Save me....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4233
    This guy is clever. He uses psychological tricks to make his for sale items more appealing.

If it was £50,000.00 it would seem way overpriced, but by knocking off £1 for £49,999.00 it seems more of a bargain. He's a genius.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    But on his actual website he has an identical guitar for £48k less:

https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/listing/esp-james-hetfield-metallica-signature-the-grynch-1-of-260-ever-ltd-custom-shop-baritone-viper-sg/14814686

OK the £50k price tag is clearly not the real price and it's just there to provoke interest (hey it's worked we are talking about this).  But how much does he really think it being owned by the chap from Evanescence is going to add to the value?

I'm sure there are some big fans of the band out there, and whilst I know nothing about them I'm sure the guitarist is a great musician and a nice chap to boot - but he's not mega rock star household name status (he's not @Gassage for example).

You can be sure he didn't sell Mr Essex that ESP for even 10% of the asking price. On second thoughts if he did Mr Evanescence is clearly a very good businessman and I applaud him.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    gubble said:

https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/listing/esp-james-hetfield-metallica-signature-the-grynch-1-of-260-ever-ltd-custom-shop-baritone-viper-sg/14814686

OK the £50k price tag is clearly not the real price and it's just there to provoke interest (hey it's worked we are talking about this).  But how much does he really think it being owned by the chap from Evanescence is going to add to the value?

I'm sure there are some big fans of the band out there, and whilst I know nothing about them I'm sure the guitarist is a great musician and a nice chap to boot - but he's not mega rock star household name status (he's not @Gassage for example).

You can be sure he didn't sell Mr Essex that ESP for even 10% of the asking price. On second thoughts if he did Mr Evanescence is clearly a very good businessman and I applaud him.

Wiz'd.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    gubble said:

I’m the only one who doesn’t know who Gassage is, aren’t I...?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobe said:
    gubble said:

I’m the only one who doesn’t know who Gassage is, aren’t I...?
    Don't worry. I've met him several times, and I'm still trying to figure it out... ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    He offered me 700 then 800 for my guitar which was up for 1200  I didn't even bother to respond, tbh if he offered me the full price I would decline it, I honestly can't stand the bloke, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    What's Evanescence? Is it like Alka-Seltzer?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    He offered me £1,300 for my CS Strat.

I offered him somewhere novel to sit.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4126
    He offered me 700 then 800 for my guitar which was up for 1200  I didn't even bother to respond, tbh if he offered me the full price I would decline it, I honestly can't stand the bloke, 
    Hmm, I didn't have @gassage down as a lowballer. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    Times are hard for recording studios because of Covid so he probably needs to sell them.
    I wouldn’t put them on reverb now they’ve put there fees up.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4233
    edited October 2020
    Philtre said:
    This guy is clever. He uses psychological tricks to make his for sale items more appealing.

If it was £50,000.00 it would seem way overpriced, but by knocking off £1 for £49,999.00 it seems more of a bargain. He's a genius.
    If you're looking for further savings, buying this item from Reverb saves on shipping costs - £50 vs £75 on eBay. Get in.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I contacted him saying that I was the lead guitarist in a Newcastle Utd. themed Evanescence cover band called Kevinescence (after Kevin Keegan) and asked if there was any wiggle room on the price ...
    25reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Is it just my eyes or has he green-screened himself on a backdrop of his own studio in this video?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 625
    edited October 2020
    Info back up shortly

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom